PDA

View Full Version : Potential agility fan? :)

Lisa_T
14th March 2008, 10:19 PM
I have Top Dog on at the moment, and there's an agility course being run. Amber, who normally goes demented when there's a dog on the telly, is absolutely entranced by the agility. She's totally fixated - not a bark, not a squeak - just rapt attention as the dogs run the course.

She's also a natural jumper. Time to buy a home agility set? :lol: :lol:

Cathryn
14th March 2008, 10:23 PM
Hmm, sounds like she's interested doesn't it? Try a few home made obstacles etc first before you go spending your money, or if you can find a local training club that does agility try a few lessons and see how you get on maybe??

Go for it!! Cavaliers are wonderful agility dogs! :dogwlk:

niki
14th March 2008, 10:26 PM
we're watching it too and Ralph's been jumping all over the TV, never really shown much interest before. I want to try agility with them both, Suki old enough now so i want to start her soon - and she does love to jump

Lisa_T
14th March 2008, 10:29 PM
Hmm, sounds like she's interested doesn't it? Try a few home made obstacles etc first before you go spending your money, or if you can find a local training club that does agility try a few lessons and see how you get on maybe??

Go for it!! Cavaliers are wonderful agility dogs! :dogwlk:

Well, I've tried home made jumps. I have the stick part of a brush, and I put it between two stools in the kitchen. I was able to have the stick at different heights, and Amber jumped every single one of them without turning a hair. Even one that must have been nearly a metre high. She is also willing to try slinking under things. Holly, on the other hand, wasn't playing. Nup. She stood and barked.