• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

poo behind door.what should i do?

ruby2

my dog of 4 months poos behind the door in the night and although i get up at 7am she has not poo'd on the paper but behind the door which i have to open in on top of the poo, which isnt pleasant i can tell you. she will poo and wee either outside if it is fine or on the paper if it isnt a nice day. im wondering does anyone have an idea for me for this problem.,?
i feed her twice a day and the last feed is approx 6pm and we leave her out before we go to bed. she has utility and downstairs bathroom during the night and they are not small and the newspaper is not near the door where she does the poo?????
i dont mind cleaning up after her but with this problem i have to use wipes to put under the door to try to get the poo from under the door!!!!!:xfngr::eek:

Have you tried putting her in a crate at night? A dog is very unlikely to mess near their own bed. Make a little den by covering it in a blanket. They can get to love their own space.

Couldn't resist posting some pics so you can see how much he loves his bed.
2334916071_565d9d1d6b.jpg

2334902993_21faffbbdc.jpg

2334914097_d15476e034.jpg

Great Pics of Dylan Pauline! He really hates his bed eh?? :lol:
It sounds to me like your baby has too much space to herself at night, I personnally would invest in a crate and forget about paper training, this is incredibly old fashioned and actually can lead to more work (as you are finding!)
As Pauline has quite rightly said they will usually NOT soil their own beds, plus a crate generally becomes their "Safe Place" or "Den" and is very useful should you need to confine your dog either due to illness or having noisy visitors or tradesmen in and out of the house, not to mention being an ideal way of travelling your dog too!

Should your baby become "vocal" about being in her crate at night, try having it in your room at night and gradually moving it further away from you until she is in the place YOU want her to be at night, Baby Steps right now, it might seem like hard work at the moment but the long time benefits are most certainly worth the effort right now!!

Hope this helps??

thanks for replies

thanks for the replies and the lovely photos. i will try the crate.:rah:

I think the secret to getting them to like a crate is to teach her to associate good things with her crate such as feeding her in her crate, giving her treats in her crate, her favorite toy in her crate, and so on. A side benefit of getting her used to a crate is that if she has to be at the vet overnight, it's that much less stress on her. Just be patient with her, she'll get to like it.

Back