• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

St Pat's Day national dog show, Dublin

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Just a reminder to the Irish folks that this is on TOMORROW, more info in the Showing and Training forum. Cavaliers will be up first in the morning usually.

I went with hubby for a couple of hours,Sadly I missed the cavs as I wasn't there at 8.30! I did see one or two around the place.It was a good way to spend a few hours and I bought some doggy stuff!

We probably walked past each other a few times! I got there after the cavaliers were done too; they actually didn't start til 9:30 or so but I arrived as the class after was taking place; too bad. Had a good time though with Tara and friends and had a good talk with the RoyalCanin rep -- apparently they only do the large bags of the cavalier breed food for breeders on their breeder programme and ship direct, but they were willing to put me as a rescue onto that programme! So may be able to get some large bags for any Dublin people who can come collect direct from me. I imagine they will soon have the large bags on general offer though.

I also got two really big bags of fish treats from Paddy Paw and a huge container of their Kronch salmon oil. Oh, and a good nail cutters. Watched the agility too; only a couple of really good dogs doing it but fun nonetheless. It was a lovely if cold day out there!

We all left to have lunch at the Bewleys' Hotel. I'd have stayed longer to watch the dogs but had the radio programme and had to get back and also walk my own dogs.

Karlin said:

had a good talk with the RoyalCanin rep -- apparently they only do the large bags of the cavalier breed food for breeders on their breeder programme and ship direct, but they were willing to put me as a rescue onto that programme! So may be able to get some large bags for any Dublin people who can come collect direct from me. I imagine they will soon have the large bags on general offer though.

That's great news. I spoke to the guy in Petstore in Cork recently about this and he said that he'll be raising the possibility of larger bags with the rep when she comes his way next as people are crying out for them! With a bit of luck and enough people power, we should manage to get them!

Last edited:
Karlin,I too spoke to the Rc rep and she said they will start doing 8kg bags at some stage.

Also I think hubby and I were standing beside you when you were buying the fish treats and salmon oil!!The girl was explaining all about the salmon oil to us and a lady beside us was buying two bags of treats and a white container of something and I thought she looked familier...was it you?

I also left earlier than I might have, as it was such a nice day we went home and took the 3 dogs for a nice long walk!

Last edited:
Back