PDA

View Full Version : Dog Beds

Cavvygirl
17th March 2008, 05:57 PM
Any ideas for a cosy bed for 2?

Do any of you use duvets?

I need something I can wash:o as I can't stand that doggy smell...

TillyTommy
17th March 2008, 06:09 PM
I have a few left over cot duvets and covers and use them. They are a perfect size:)

Lynn
17th March 2008, 07:05 PM
If you are in the US, this is the dogbed we use in their sleeping kennel, the living room and also in the car kennel. They love it...the inner mattress is shaped and had a ridge around the perimeter....forms a "V" like snuggle area and pillow at the edge. We have the large size in the living room in the round shape and all three can sleep on it at once and a cat or two also! I throw the cover in the wash...and I use the vacuum right on it too...can't express enough how much we love these beds.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=premium-fleece-top-dog-bed-set&categoryId=44557&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=7425&cat4=1170&shop_method=pp&feat=7425-tn

Cavvygirl
23rd March 2008, 11:48 AM
I take it all back what I said about wanting another dog bed;)

I put our waterproof bed in our washing machine as hosing it down doesn't give that clean smell even when washed with washing powder then hosed down........and it has come out like new!!!

The great thing is that hairs fall off the fabric (they don't weave into it) so when you put it in your wash it hasn't got any hair on it which was my biggest issue before (no-one likes clean clothes to come out covered in dog hair!!)

So I am re-recommending them they are fab!!!:)

Barbara Nixon
23rd March 2008, 01:02 PM
Over here, many market stalls sell dog duvet colours in about three sizes, costing around £3 for medium. I bought two with duvet and two spare covers a few years back ( £5 and £2.50), but found that the contents were only seconds quality human duvets, cut in half. These have now been discarded and replaced by our own cast off duvets, cut in half; just the right size to machine wash. The covers are really good quality cotton and have washed and washed with very little fading

Teddy and Joly modelling one

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/BarbaraNixon/sleepy.jpg

JudyG
23rd March 2008, 01:55 PM
If any of you are interested, Maggie from the Four Paws Animal Rescue, South Wales, makes lovely dog beds/quilts. All proceeds go to the rescue - that's where I got Maddy from & they do such a super job by putting most of the rescues into foster homes so they don't have the misery of kennels. Have a look at the website. Judy x

Cathy Moon
23rd March 2008, 04:25 PM
Over here, many market stalls sell dog duvet colours in about three sizes, costing around £3 for medium. I bought two with duvet and two spare covers a few years back ( £5 and £2.50), but found that the contents were only seconds quality human duvets, cut in half. These have now been discarded and replaced by our own cast off duvets, cut in half; just the right size to machine wash. The covers are really good quality cotton and have washed and washed with very little fading

Teddy and Joly modelling one

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/BarbaraNixon/sleepy.jpg

Sorry to interject, but - Barbara, I hope you will submit this photo for the 2009 CavTalk calendar!!! It will get my vote!

Karlin
23rd March 2008, 04:41 PM
Yes, that's a wonderful shot! :)

Some good bed ideas there, too.

TillyTommy
23rd March 2008, 04:43 PM
My dogs favourite bed is the pile of washing next to the washing machine!:)