PDA

View Full Version : tooth fell out

steph
17th March 2008, 05:53 PM
I have a 5 month old cav. Today 1 of his teeth fell out as he was chewing a rawhide bone. Just wondering is this normal?

Lynn
17th March 2008, 05:57 PM
I believe it is! I remember finding teeth on the floor when Molly & Max were losing their baby teeth at the same time.

Barbara Nixon
17th March 2008, 06:05 PM
Yes but you don't see many as they get swallowed.

niki
17th March 2008, 06:22 PM
My kids found one of Suki's i'm assuming she swallowed the rest, just waiting for Ralphie's to start falling out now he's such a big puppy it looks strange that he's still got his baby teeth

prompted me to check his teeth just now - and one is missing yay must have come out in the last day or two

Caraline
18th March 2008, 01:52 AM
Yep it is normal. He is losing his puppy teeth, just like human children do. They do usually get swallowed but I've managed to find a couple in the past. :)

bellacherie
18th March 2008, 02:49 AM
Bella is 4.5 months and all her teeth seem to be the same.....which teeth do they lose?

sasha85
18th March 2008, 07:45 PM
Haha completely normal hun not to worry we still have Sasha's first baby tooth! :o
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

steph
20th March 2008, 07:07 PM
Haha completely normal hun not to worry we still have Sasha's first baby tooth! :o
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I kept his aswell:jump: its actually a relief to find out its normal as he is my first puppy and everytime anything happens to him i panic. thanks everyone for your replies

sasha85
20th March 2008, 08:38 PM
Nah ur never alone hun! Cavs are just like kids i say keep the first tooth get a lock of hair from their 1st hair cut and get them in the family photo cause they usually smile better than their owners haha and their soooo much cuter!