PDA

View Full Version : Irish Cavalier Rescue now official

Karlin
18th March 2008, 06:25 PM
It must be so because the bank allowed me to open an account in that name! :lol: I want to keep the accounts separate and also was always uncomfortable telling people to make cheques out to me for rescue... so now I can do all transactions as Irish Cavalier Rescue. I even get a separate chequebook for the dogs! I might give that to Jaspar to mind.

It took a couple of weeks and a formal letter of request to the bank directors to set up the account though! :eek:

Cathryn
18th March 2008, 06:34 PM
:w**h**: Fantastic news Karlin, always nice to know that you're "official" or "approved" isn't it eh?? :thmbsup:

Karlin
18th March 2008, 06:56 PM
My accountants will be happy too. They had pointed out last tax period that if I had 'income' from rescue (eg homing payments to me) I could not set that off against vet fees under my main profession -- I needed to set up a separate account and operate under that. Needless to say that was a driving force -- I operate as a non-profit but would be taxed for 'profit' I couldn't set off against expediture!! :yikes

I can't wait for my chequebook...

Thelly
18th March 2008, 07:07 PM
That's great! It must be a good feeling to have it all official - one less headache!

Justine
18th March 2008, 07:10 PM
Thats great.We have just registered Sleady Kennels all done now.We had to go to the accountant as well.

pippa
18th March 2008, 07:31 PM
Great news!

Cathryn
18th March 2008, 08:23 PM
Thats great.We have just registered Sleady Kennels all done now.We had to go to the accountant as well.

Brilliant News Justine!! :rah: :rah:

Cathy T
18th March 2008, 08:56 PM
Congratulations....it's official!!

Cleo's Person
18th March 2008, 09:46 PM
Karlin said:

It must be so because the bank allowed me to open an account in that name! :lol:

That's wonderful news Karlin! The best bit will be when the chequebook will arrive, once you see it in formal type on a cheque it will be all official!

I remember shortly after I got my first cheque book. I felt so grown up. I look young for my age, and I was in Safeway in London (where I was living at the time) early one Sunday morning, having been out late the night before trying to buy a can of guinness to make the Xmas pudding. They wouldn't serve me, they thought I was under 18 - I was 24 at the time. My only proof of being grown up was my cheque book - not a formal form of ID and unfortunately not one that the girl in Safeway would accept!

Justine said:

Wow Justine it's all really coming together! How very exciting!!!!!!

*Pauline*
18th March 2008, 09:57 PM
Karlin, can you register as a charity, maybe you wouldn't pay tax then? I'd not sure but I think you don't pay tax on savings when you register as a charity?

Karlin
18th March 2008, 10:08 PM
It's far too complex and costly to register as a charity. You need a full board of directors and separately audited accounts. Just doing my accounts would cost me perhaps double the amount I received in donations in 2007.

It also takes two years to get charitable status (you need two years of audited accounts).

So I run ICR as a loss-making trade so that I can at least write off my expenditures.

Claire L
18th March 2008, 10:11 PM
Can you post details of the account please so that people can make donations?

Karlin
19th March 2008, 02:35 AM
They won;t have the account number for me til later this week. I will try to set up a direct Paypal for it if I can.