• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Guinness gets THE BIGGEST HUG EVER for being naughty!

simonrickell

Phewee!

Trying to catch our breath's. (and so was he!)

Guinness (our nearly 12er tri) can be a bit lazy. Particularly for not chewing enough.

I had put their food down - at around 6pm this evening. Normally I hang around to make sure everyone behaves. Shirl had gone upstairs to get some stuff ready.
I think that I was in the kitchen - though now it seems a bit of a blur.

Guinness takes a piece of meat and walks away from his plate - bit unusual for him - until his plate is clean.

Then he collapsed. :eek:

On his side and all limp. Presume that he was choking.
I gave him some hard slaps on his back - and called for Shirl.
She came quickly, while I tried to see what was in his mouth - but that was clamped shut.
She gave him the heinrich (or however you spell it) - and we seemed to pull him back. No real gasp for air, and no sign of the meat.

Bad dog for wolfing it down.:mad:

But thank god he's still here!!!

BIG BIG BIG HUG!!!:luv:

I'll be making sure he gets smaller chunks in future.:rolleyes:

OMG!!! How scary!! Thank Goodness you acted quickly!!

Guiness you sure know how to scare your Momma & Poppa don't you eh?? :hug: :hug:

Wow thank goodness you saw him. Keep an eye on him for a while. What has me wondering, is that if food was lodged over the airway then the heimlich manoeuvre should see the foriegn body being expelled from the mouth, not swallowed.

It could very well be as you say that he was choking, but just keep in the back of your mind that sometimes the obvious is not necessarily what actually happened.

I do hope that is the end to it anyway, :)

I know what you mean.

He is our heart patient, one thought was that he was having a heart attack and our actions helped.

Anyway...:xfngr::xfngr::xfngr:

Back