20th March 2008, 04:21 PM
Hi guys I'm new here
this is the 1st time i write something
I just went D.I.D web site n read about 2yr old cav "Happy"
who is now on "reunited" section:-|
shocking what the owners did to him
I have no cavs just yet, but as I'd had one b4,am looking for one
and most importantly I'm a dog lover,it upstes me bad!:mad::mad:
I don't think people like happy's owners should have any dogs!

When you go on a holiday,what do you guys do with your dogs?
I'm going for a holiday in 2weeks time,here's what i'm going to do,
I'm leaving my presley with our mate(+family),who are very friendly with Presley but still worries me sick!
he's micro chipped n all,still I got him a tag that u can write ur contact details inside as i won't be here n just incase!and i told my husband to join me n the baby a week later,incase our mate changes his mind n give them a bit of time to get used to each other(Am i so bad for asking this to my husband:confused: he did say yes, though:D)
I wish I could take Presley with me,If i could I really would love to do that!
any other tips u guys can give me?

*Pauline*
20th March 2008, 05:14 PM
I know how you feel, I still panic a bit every time I think about it but I know I have found the best solution for Dylan. Kennels would be cheaper but I have chosen to go with a dog minder who will only have my dog in her home. She has done this for 7 years. It's £16 a day though, usually £18 but I get a special rate.

TillyTommy
20th March 2008, 06:22 PM
I have a dog minder and I take dogs to her house. They have 2 walks a day. Run of the house and a comfy spot on her sofa for only £5 per dog per night - Fantastic!
My Minder is in Essex so not very far from me

*Pauline*
20th March 2008, 06:29 PM
I'm in Essex too! Maybe you could give me the address of your minder!

TillyTommy
20th March 2008, 06:33 PM
She is in Tiptree is that near you?

Cathryn
20th March 2008, 07:50 PM
Presley, you mention that your dog is micro-chipped, you should be able to alter the details on the database so that your friends name, address and phone number are listed as a first contact whilst Presley is with her.

Hope this helps??

presley
20th March 2008, 09:06 PM
Presley, you mention that your dog is micro-chipped, you should be able to alter the details on the database so that your friends name, address and phone number are listed as a first contact whilst Presley is with her.

Hope this helps??

Oh I didn't know that,silly me :eek::eek:
thank you so much guys:thmbsup:
I'm sure Presley'll be fine,he'll get his walkies and stay indoors with all familier faces,I'm worried cos I'm going for a month not a week or 2 and
worry about myself too as I'll miss him like crazy!:luv:

TillyTommy
20th March 2008, 10:21 PM
Presley - have a lovely time:)

JudyG
21st March 2008, 05:30 PM
We have only had Maddy since last October, she was a rescue - about to be pts when taken in by the rescue people:eek: - so I was reluctant to put her into kennels when we go away in May. So a very good friend is having her stay over, she has a soppy black lab who Maddy knows well because we walk them together. I think I will still worry, but she's the kind of friend who won't mind me giving her a list of "rules" or me texting everyday! I think a dog minder sounds like a good idea, does anyone know of any in Gloucestershire, near Cheltenham? just in case I need one in the future. Judy x