• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

holiday.

presley

Hi guys I'm new here
this is the 1st time i write something
I just went D.I.D web site n read about 2yr old cav "Happy"
who is now on "reunited" section:-|
shocking what the owners did to him
I have no cavs just yet, but as I'd had one b4,am looking for one
and most importantly I'm a dog lover,it upstes me bad!:mad::mad:
I don't think people like happy's owners should have any dogs!

When you go on a holiday,what do you guys do with your dogs?
I'm going for a holiday in 2weeks time,here's what i'm going to do,
I'm leaving my presley with our mate(+family),who are very friendly with Presley but still worries me sick!
he's micro chipped n all,still I got him a tag that u can write ur contact details inside as i won't be here n just incase!and i told my husband to join me n the baby a week later,incase our mate changes his mind n give them a bit of time to get used to each other(Am i so bad for asking this to my husband:confused: he did say yes, though:D)
I wish I could take Presley with me,If i could I really would love to do that!
any other tips u guys can give me?

I know how you feel, I still panic a bit every time I think about it but I know I have found the best solution for Dylan. Kennels would be cheaper but I have chosen to go with a dog minder who will only have my dog in her home. She has done this for 7 years. It's £16 a day though, usually £18 but I get a special rate.

I have a dog minder and I take dogs to her house. They have 2 walks a day. Run of the house and a comfy spot on her sofa for only £5 per dog per night - Fantastic!
My Minder is in Essex so not very far from me

Last edited:
Presley, you mention that your dog is micro-chipped, you should be able to alter the details on the database so that your friends name, address and phone number are listed as a first contact whilst Presley is with her.

Hope this helps??

thanks

Presley, you mention that your dog is micro-chipped, you should be able to alter the details on the database so that your friends name, address and phone number are listed as a first contact whilst Presley is with her.

Hope this helps??

Oh I didn't know that,silly me :eek::eek:
thank you so much guys(y)
I'm sure Presley'll be fine,he'll get his walkies and stay indoors with all familier faces,I'm worried cos I'm going for a month not a week or 2 and
worry about myself too as I'll miss him like crazy!:luv:

We have only had Maddy since last October, she was a rescue - about to be pts when taken in by the rescue people:eek: - so I was reluctant to put her into kennels when we go away in May. So a very good friend is having her stay over, she has a soppy black lab who Maddy knows well because we walk them together. I think I will still worry, but she's the kind of friend who won't mind me giving her a list of "rules" or me texting everyday! I think a dog minder sounds like a good idea, does anyone know of any in Gloucestershire, near Cheltenham? just in case I need one in the future. Judy x

Back