• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on Dylan's tummy upset. Good news.

*Pauline*

Took Dylan to the vets today, since last Thursday he has only had one solid poo. He hasn't had watery diarrhoea but very soft brown or very yellow. He is on antibiotics now and we were given a sample of Royal Canin dry intestinal food. He loves the wet but the vet said the dry is cheaper and I like a dry food for his teeth. I thought he'd never like it but I just gave him half a free sample bag and he has been barking for the second half ever since!! I am very happy. OK it costs twice the price of the James Wellbeloved but if it doesn't upset his tummy and he likes it, then yay! He never really liked JWB, I always had to tart it up with something.

The reason also for the diet change is the diarrhoea came back as soon as he went on JWB even though I reintroduced it slowly.

I really hope Dylan will be better soon. He seems to have had a tough time lately. Best of luck with the new food. Keep us updated.

Im glad you may have him sorted, Pauline. Are you buying from the vet ? If so , have a look on the veterinary websites, as I found them much cheaper than the vet, including carriage, when Teddy was on the hypoallergenic diet.

Pauline, does Dylan's pet insurance cover a portion of his food if you buy it at your vet's office? I have PetCare (in the US) and it covers 25% (?) of the cost pf prescription food for 6 months with no deductible...I'm sure you've already looked into that, but just in case...;) Good luck, I hope his tummy feels better soon! :xfngr:

Glad he likes the food and hope his tummy gets better soon.

Rosie sends him a big :hug: and lots of :luv::luv::luv:

Glad to hear things are settling down well for Dylan and that he is enjoying his new feed!! :hug:

Glad to hear he's doing better!

I just have to say:

I always had to tart it up with something

is hilarious. I'm definitely going to try to find a place to slip "tart it up" into a conversation very soon! :) I love reading this board partly because of all the posts from people in the UK. So many of the terms and expressions are different from the U.S. and therefore interesting to me. I sometimes find myself thinking in phrases I read on here. I wonder if I used them out loud if my husband would look at me funny.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic but that phrase cracked me up.

Glad you liked it! I do wonder sometimes if some of my sayings are unique to my family and would they be misunderstood by anyone else. My step mother, who is Polish, would have said she "doctored" his food! This is the phrase she uses when she adds herbs and noodles to a packet soup and tries to pass it off as home made!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. He hasn't done a poo since midday yesterday. We might pop out for a walk to get things moving. I've had a stressful day and feel ill and now my son has broken a glass ornament all over the study carpet I may be busy for some time :v*cuum:

'Doctored' used to be used (don't know whether it was just a Staffordshire thing) to mean that a dog had been castrated or a bitch spayed.

Pauline, does Dylan's pet insurance cover a portion of his food if you buy it at your vet's office? I have PetCare (in the US) and it covers 25% (?) of the cost pf prescription food for 6 months with no deductible...I'm sure you've already looked into that, but just in case...;) Good luck, I hope his tummy feels better soon! :xfngr:

I won't be covered for any problems related to diarrhoea as I changed insurance companies and, though I haven't asked them, most won't cover for any problems we've had in the past before this policy started. A bag of food lasts quite a while though.

Back