PDA

View Full Version : Vetbed

shippers
24th March 2008, 10:40 PM
I want to buy Sally an original oval vetbed to go inside her plastic bed. Can anyone recommend a good UK retailer online? I have seen them on some websites but I'd rather buy from recommendation as I don't want a 'fake'. I've tried all kinds of beds inside her plastic bed including old pillows but they only last a few washes and they go all lumpy. I've heard Vetbeds last a long time and withstand washing. Does anyone also use Vetbeds for their Cavs?

lady and amber
24th March 2008, 10:43 PM
I use them, and they wash and dry very easily, I brought mine from Pets at home.

Cathryn
24th March 2008, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't use anything else personnally!! I bought a 10 metre roll around about 5 years back now, it's the chew resisitant one and am still using the cut down pieces from it now!! Just throw it in the washing machine and it comes up really nicely, it will clump together a bit but that's normal.

You'll find out more here

http://www.profleece.co.uk/index.htm

They even make the fleece's for nursing homes etc!!!

I CANNOT feel the canvas backing no matter how hard I push my fingers through the fleece this means the fleece is really dense and thick, initially the canvas backing is pretty rigid when you wash it, but as time goes by it becomes more supple. Also, check out the colours you can get hold of!! Can't beat the stuff!!

shippers
24th March 2008, 11:19 PM
The profleece looks quite good. Is it similar to vetbed? I'll have to measure Sally's plastic bed it's a big one at 30" but will have to check exact dimensions. Don't think I'll need a roll just enough to use in her bed.

shippers
24th March 2008, 11:32 PM
Sally's bed is oval shaped and 30"x20". I'm just wondering Cathryn does this material bend easily? I'm thinking of getting the medium which will be too big 36"x24" but if it bends at least it will fold over the edges of the bed? Better than being too small

Cathryn
24th March 2008, 11:40 PM
I would advise cutting it to size, allowing a little extra for shrinkage, then wash it, this will soften the canvas backing which at first is rather stiff, once washed though it soon softens without losing any of the fleece's softness etc.

Can't recommend this bedding enough in all honesty, my pups are delivered on it and they spend the rest of their lives here with me sleeping on it!! the more you wsh it, the better it will get, it really is chew resistant too, I have had many puppies try to chew on it with no success to ever dispute that claim!! (I have NO affiliation with this company, I'm just a VERY satisfied customer is all!)

HTH???

frecklesmom
25th March 2008, 12:11 AM
I just googled them and nicely they are now here in the US too. looks like very good stuff. :)

shippers
25th March 2008, 11:54 AM
I bought the medium size so I'm looking forward to it arriving now. I will let you know what Sally thinks of it when it arrives.

Cathryn
25th March 2008, 06:04 PM
I just googled them and nicely they are now here in the US too. looks like very good stuff. :)

Fantastic stuff, I wouldn't be without it!!:rah:

I bought the medium size so I'm looking forward to it arriving now. I will let you know what Sally thinks of it when it arrives.

Am sure she will love it! When I got my 10 Metre roll we had it all unrolled in the lounge and every-one was lying on it and refusing to move it's so comfy!!

I remember one year we had a lot of snow here and it was when one of the Championship Shows was on at the N.E.C, Ladies Kennel Association (LKA) which is held in December. Anyway, a lot of the traders couldn't get home, they were snowed in, and the Pupps Rep told me he slept in his van on the Car Park!

"It was the most comfortable nights sleep I've had in ages" he told me, Guess you can't get a better recommendation than that eh?? :-p :-p

Cavvygirl
25th March 2008, 08:31 PM
Do you not find that the fluff comes away quite easily?

My dogs always had loads of fluff stuck to them!:rolleyes::D

Cathryn
25th March 2008, 09:06 PM
Do you not find that the fluff comes away quite easily?

My dogs always had loads of fluff stuck to them!:rolleyes::D

Initially, Yes this is true, this is why I wash my vetbed at least once before Iuse it for the dogs!!

TillyTommy
2nd April 2008, 05:03 PM
Just want to thank Cathryn for yet another purchase! The profleece are fantastic and my dogs are in heaven! The quality is excellent!:)

Barbara Nixon
2nd April 2008, 07:40 PM
Do you mean Vetbed as we refer to most upright vacuum cleaners as Hoovers, or specifically Vetbed brand ? I have some beige, which I bought my the metre from a show, three ? years ago. It is not Vetbed brand, but has lasted well. Some of the stalls do stock a thinner, cheaper variety , usually only available in white, but label it as 'economy'.

For those with girlie dogs, a stall at the UK Toy Dog Show had pink 'Vetbed' with a heart design.

karenc
3rd April 2008, 11:16 AM
I usually get a good quality ved-bed from dog shows and find it does the job just as well. I need some more... so Kelso here we come !!;)

Cathryn
3rd April 2008, 11:52 AM
Just want to thank Cathryn for yet another purchase! The profleece are fantastic and my dogs are in heaven! The quality is excellent!:)

Aw Shucks!! :thnx:

Glad you are happy with it, now tell if me I'm wrong but you CANNOT push your fingers through the fleece all the way to the backing can you?? I know I can't!! You get what you pay for at the end of the day eh?? ;):thmbsup:

TillyTommy
3rd April 2008, 12:23 PM
No you cant! I was trying for ages - it is so thick and I think a fantastic price. Im very pleased and my two are in heaven:) I ordered one mink and one cream and I would say the mink is a nicer colour - does not look grubby after walks

Karlin
4th April 2008, 06:03 PM
Vet-bed (the actual brand) also do ovals that fit in oval plastic beds.

Cathryn
5th April 2008, 12:53 PM
No you cant! I was trying for ages - it is so thick and I think a fantastic price. Im very pleased and my two are in heaven:) I ordered one mink and one cream and I would say the mink is a nicer colour - does not look grubby after walks

:lol: THANK YOU!! I always order the mink as well, takes an awful lot to make that colour look dirty!! :lol:

frecklesmom
7th April 2008, 04:52 PM
:( Sad to say they no longer have an outlet in US. I ordered online and attempted to call in credit card numbers and phones sounded defunct so I emailed the UK and they nicely emailed me right away that their US outlet was closed .

frecklesmom
11th April 2008, 11:14 PM
Well, the US outlet is closed but Canada's is open :). Just ordered a nice piece that I think the 7y.o.'s especially will appreciate. The shipping was more than I like but shipping keeps going up all the time here so I'm cool with it.