• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Great walks... Co. Meath/Cavan (Ireland)

cecily

Was very inspired today. We took the dogs up to Kingscourt (Co. Cavan I think, but very near meath border). A friend recommended Dun a Ri forest park up there and it was definitely one of the nicest walks we've ever brought them on. Gorgeous forest trails, open fields, ponds, streams, little waterfalls, wishing wells... It's worth a trip up if you don't live too far away, or are passing through with your dogs. It's about 30-35 mins north of Navan.

Anyway, here are my favourite Meath/Cavan/Dublin area walks for the dogs... I'd love to hear about other peoples favourite walks in their areas.

1. Dun a Ri forest park, Kingscourt
2. Balrath woods, near Kentstown (halfway between navan and Ashbourne)
3. open fields in Garristown (north county dublin)
4. Phoenix park
5. Down around the lake and woods in Virginia, Co. Cavan

We love Tymon Park (the greenhills road/Tallaght end) - it's right across the road from my house & The furkids love to watch the ducks!

We love to go to Lucan Demesne (sp?!), Donadea Forest and Griffeen Park in Lucan.
If the weather is nice we will try to get to the beach - we love Silver Strands in Wicklow and went to Bettystown beach last weekend which was quite nice.

Oh cool! I always have my eyes peeled for any Cavvies about the place when we're out for walks. Met a lady there last week with a blenheim boy who was just gorgeous. If I ever see a cavalier I will always say hello - so Im sure we will bump into each other at some stage.

Looking at the weather I think we'll have to head up there later. Its so nice to have a bit of sunshine at last!

We stopped off at Dun A Rí forest park yesterday :dogwlk:
It's a lovely place for a day out. The doggies enjoyed themselves and I will definitely go back there. Next time I will bring a picnic lunch and my camera.

Back