PDA

View Full Version : That it Im BROKE!!

TillyTommy
27th March 2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks to this lovely helpful forum I am now almost completely broke! I have purchased a heated bed for Tilly, Salmon Oil (dogs love it!!), plastic id tags, a few new books, bags of the Royal Canin food, puppia harness.............Will this ever stop!:)

Cavalli CKCS
27th March 2008, 02:17 PM
Hahahahaha

Tis worth it! lol

Justine
27th March 2008, 02:17 PM
Well,you have the warmest,well fed,entertained prettiest dog on the block....Haaaa haaa.

TillyTommy
27th March 2008, 02:21 PM
But the most sad bank balance:( lol

Lynn
27th March 2008, 02:21 PM
No, this Probably won't ever stop!!! :lpy:

I took our tax return this year and put all of it in the savings MINUS the purchase of three beautiful new spring Puppias for the pups! Even though they have enough Puppias...there is always a newer, prettier one to buy....

hbmama
27th March 2008, 02:37 PM
NO Tillymommy!!! It is much, much too late. You have gone over to the dark side....you have entered the Twilight Zone of endless must have items for your precious cavtiny. Never again will you browse the internet, or go to a pet supply, or pet fair, and walk away, empty handed.....Your family may not eat this month, your milk man may not get paid, but.....you will know that your pup will want for NOTHING! :D:D:D Nyah ah ah!!!!!

TillyTommy
27th March 2008, 02:41 PM
And Im certain I have forgotten to mention as much as I have mentioned! My son wanted to go bowling today but had to say no as I didnt have much money:(

chloe92us
27th March 2008, 03:49 PM
Last month our credit card bill was off the charts, so the hubby & I sat down and figured out where we could cut spending. It was decided that my weakness was pet stores and I needed to knock it off, and his was eating out for lunch while at work.

WELL....he now brings his lunch to work and I've already spent $200 this month at the various pet stores! ARGH! I can't stop!!!! My 2 YO son loves going and seeing the fish, birds, and guinea pigs but I end up spending a fortune! A few bully sticks here, another collar there, oooh a new dog bed! There you have it. :eek:

TillyTommy
27th March 2008, 04:09 PM
So pleased I am not alone. Decided to start selling things on ebay to fund my addiction. Great idea - I posted a few items for sale but before I logged off I purchased a few doggy things!! So even that turned out to be a bad idea!!:(

TillyTommy
27th March 2008, 04:12 PM
I have decided I am going to have a "doggy" account. I am hoping to put X amount in each month and TRY to stick to that budget. At least that way I will actually see how much I am spending out.

Justine
27th March 2008, 04:15 PM
I am just as bad.He wont give me the card.Wonder why.

TillyTommy
27th March 2008, 04:27 PM
:)I think I will have to surrender card soon as well

pippa
27th March 2008, 09:36 PM
It's funny how we (me!) will weigh up the cost or worth of things before we buy..except when it's for the dogs!

Brian M
27th March 2008, 09:53 PM
Hi
PAH do some lovely pink diamante collars,the girls look lovely with their ancol fur collared coats on .
Lots more to come yet,or as my favourite footie teams motto states.
"Nil satis nisi optimum"
Nothing but the best will do
Tara
Brian

ice-cavi
27th March 2008, 10:01 PM
Hahaha Im hopeless too when it comes to stop shopping for my dogs..:)
Silva had surgery today and I felt so bad for her that I ended up buying :
(while I was waiting for her at the vets)
1)a new furry super soft and cozy bed
2)A black velvet"diamond" collar matching Eljas
3)A new black ROGZ leash
4) Heavenly scented shampoo and conditioner
5) Super soft savory chicken meaty meal from Hills:)

I told my hubby what the operation costed but I "forgot" to mention the all other stuff;)

TillyTommy
27th March 2008, 10:02 PM
Please no more ideas!! :)

jld
28th March 2008, 12:13 AM
I am really loving these posts.....just too funny and toooooo true!!!!!! Judy and Dixie

TillyTommy
28th March 2008, 12:15 AM
My poor son who could not go to the pictures was a bit chilly in bed last night - told him to get one of the lovely dogs blankets, I have a massive pile of dog blankets!:)

bimmerguy288
28th March 2008, 02:41 AM
For my next life I want to be a Cavalier in your home. All I will have to do is eat, play, sleep, poop and get pampered...What a life!:rah:.

OK, I will do the "sit" "stay" stuff.

Cathy T
28th March 2008, 02:45 AM
Will this ever stop!:smile:

In a word.....no ;) Five years later you'd think I'd have all of the stuff I could possibly "need".....but that hasn't stopped me.

Louisma
28th March 2008, 12:04 PM
I decided I would save money by learning to groom my cavaliers myself - so far the cost of the two day course, the grooming table, clippers, two pairs of scissors, slicker brushes, special shampoos and conditioners and yesterday I ordered a dryer/blaster!!!

And in may we have a special 'All about dogs' show at which I intend to buy coats etc and probably every mug, ornament and apron I can find

I love it though:luv:

TillyTommy
28th March 2008, 02:10 PM
Bimmeryguy - by the time that happens I will be homeless so wont be able to pamper you sooo much!:)
Wonder what people spend on average each month per dog???

chloe92us
28th March 2008, 02:21 PM
I have been eyeing these collars for a while now. They are very expensive but so much fun!

http://www.collarsandleashes.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29

Cathryn
28th March 2008, 02:29 PM
Oh dear!! Sorry to say it is a bottomless pit!

I've already decided to come back as a Cavalier for my next life, that way I'd be getting all the pressies/pampering and it would be my owner who was worrying about the bank account :lol: :lol:

TillyTommy
28th March 2008, 02:32 PM
Yes the are great chloe but for sale in the States - so there is no way I could order one (or is there?????)

chloe92us
28th March 2008, 07:34 PM
http://collarsandleashes.com/Retail.htm