PDA

View Full Version : Who has microchipped?

pippa
27th March 2008, 08:40 PM
I just wondered if everyone on here has microchipped their dogs?

zenkar
27th March 2008, 08:46 PM
yes me and gizmo are microchipped :badgrin:

Brian M
27th March 2008, 08:47 PM
Hi
Yes to all three ,have clicked x 3
rgds
Brian

chloe92us
27th March 2008, 08:49 PM
Both of my Cavs are chipped.

pinkpuppy
27th March 2008, 08:50 PM
Mine is going to be chipped at the vet's during next check-up

estelle
27th March 2008, 08:54 PM
Yep! Both mine

Cathryn
27th March 2008, 08:59 PM
Every single one of my dogs is chipped, moreover I am a qualified "chipper"! The peace of mind this brings is unmeasurable, 7 years back I had a lovely litter of 4 puppies, 3 Bitches and 1 Dog, in that litter were Logan, now my stud dog and his litter sister Sophie! One of the puppies was sold to a lady in the U.S who asked me if she sent me one of her pre-registered chips would I chip her puppy for her?
I did so and had the other 3 puppies chipped as well. I sold the last little girl and after about 4 weeks received a 'phone call!

"I simply CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH for chipping Piper!"

Turned out her puppy had gotten through the fence at the bottom of the garden, some-one picked Piper up and took her to a local vet who scanned her "On the off chance"!! :eek:
Pipers chip number showed up and her owner received a call BEFORE she had even realised what had happened!! :eek:

Micro-Chipping is one of the best ways to prove you own a dog I know other than a DNA test!!

OK off the old soapbox now!! :rotfl: :lol:

lady and amber
27th March 2008, 09:26 PM
Both of mine are chipped.

Claire L
27th March 2008, 09:39 PM
Both of my girlies are chipped and tagged up to the hilt :lol:

Yes to all three ,have clicked x 3
rgds
Brian

I was only allowed to click once?

Elaine 2
27th March 2008, 10:07 PM
Mine are chipped too, l wouldn't like to take any chances of them getting lost or stolen

Bruce H
27th March 2008, 10:22 PM
Mine are all chipped too. I am a HUGE believer in microchipping.

And all our puppies are chipped before they go to their forever homes; we don't give the new owners a choice :wink:

Lisa_T
27th March 2008, 10:27 PM
I chipped Holly myself, but Amber came chipped and I simply sent off the details.

winkatbella
27th March 2008, 11:38 PM
I had Carly microchipped this week at the vet. I wanted her to have the european microchip so that I can take her overseas this summer, and I had no clue that she was already microchipped until they took an xray for something else and saw it. So Tomorrow I am registering both of her microchips.

My sister has found 3 stray dogs in the past month and has found two of their homes through microchips, neither of these dogs had collars and tags on and the microchip was their only identification.

WoodHaven
27th March 2008, 11:45 PM
Half of mine are,,,, half aren't . The rumors of cancer/tumors came up and I became undecided.

Cathy Moon
28th March 2008, 12:11 AM
All three of mine are chipped.

*Pauline*
28th March 2008, 12:51 AM
Dylan was done before I got him. :)

Zippy
28th March 2008, 01:28 AM
Mary Alice and Rosie are both chipped. :)

niki
28th March 2008, 09:21 AM
Suki and Ralphie are both chipped - Suki was done by the breeder before i brought her home.

My sister's boxer ran off during a walk in the forest - they couldn't find her at all but within 1 hour of them last seeing her they got a call from a local vet to say she had been brought in by a member of the public and they were reunited
I believe they are invaluble so i wouldnt be without a chip at all (for my dogs that is - shame they don't have them for my kids!!)

coconut
28th March 2008, 09:36 AM
All 3 of mine are chipped!!

Louisma
28th March 2008, 10:56 AM
Yes - all three of mine are chipped

KingstonsMom
28th March 2008, 01:02 PM
No, Kingston is not chipped. This will be a point of huge controversy, but I just don't feel right about putting a foreign object in his body. I have no problem with others choosing to do so, and I know many lost animals have been recovered through a microchip. However, I think having Kingston microchipped takes away part of my personal responisibility for his safety and wellbeing. When they start microchipping children, then I will consider doing it for my fur baby.

Before people start ranting and raving, remember this is a personal choice of mine and I respect those who do microchip as well as those who don't.

Mom of Jato
28th March 2008, 04:35 PM
I tend to agree with you Kingstons Mom. I will be taking my little guy in to get neutered in 2 months, and I know I have to make the decision to get him chipped or not soon. I would want to get him done while he is out for the surgery. I too feel very uncomfortable putting something strange like glass into his body. I cannot imagine ever lettting him out of my sight to have to worry about needing the chip. Just my opinion.

WoodHaven
28th March 2008, 04:38 PM
Here is a biased view-- and yes, I try to see both sides of all issues.

http://www.antichips.com/cancer/

Wrigs Mom
28th March 2008, 05:54 PM
Yes, Wrigley was microchipped!

babs
28th March 2008, 07:19 PM
Alex was chipped before I even brought him home...its what the breeder does, she microchips all her puppies before she lets them go.Its up to each dog owner as to whether they want their dogs chipped or not but for me Id rather have a dog that's chipped and some chance of getting him back if he' lost or stolen than an unchipped dog.No offence to anyone,everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Caraline
28th March 2008, 09:58 PM
I am a huge believer in microchips. It is now law here in Australia that all dogs & cats must be microchipped. But back in the old days before it became law we got all our guys done then.

ruby2
28th March 2008, 10:06 PM
yes ruby is chipped. The breeder had it done on all the pups before they sold the litter. I didnt get a choice in the matter and i can totally see both points of view.