• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Who has microchipped?

Is your dog Microchipped

• Yes

Votes: 52 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Every single one of my dogs is chipped, moreover I am a qualified "chipper"! The peace of mind this brings is unmeasurable, 7 years back I had a lovely litter of 4 puppies, 3 Bitches and 1 Dog, in that litter were Logan, now my stud dog and his litter sister Sophie! One of the puppies was sold to a lady in the U.S who asked me if she sent me one of her pre-registered chips would I chip her puppy for her?
I did so and had the other 3 puppies chipped as well. I sold the last little girl and after about 4 weeks received a 'phone call!

"I simply CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH for chipping Piper!"

Turned out her puppy had gotten through the fence at the bottom of the garden, some-one picked Piper up and took her to a local vet who scanned her "On the off chance"!! :eek:
Pipers chip number showed up and her owner received a call BEFORE she had even realised what had happened!! :eek:

Micro-Chipping is one of the best ways to prove you own a dog I know other than a DNA test!!

OK off the old soapbox now!! :rotfl: :lol:

Mine are all chipped too. I am a HUGE believer in microchipping.

And all our puppies are chipped before they go to their forever homes; we don't give the new owners a choice :wink:

I had Carly microchipped this week at the vet. I wanted her to have the european microchip so that I can take her overseas this summer, and I had no clue that she was already microchipped until they took an xray for something else and saw it. So Tomorrow I am registering both of her microchips.

My sister has found 3 stray dogs in the past month and has found two of their homes through microchips, neither of these dogs had collars and tags on and the microchip was their only identification.

Suki and Ralphie are both chipped - Suki was done by the breeder before i brought her home.

My sister's boxer ran off during a walk in the forest - they couldn't find her at all but within 1 hour of them last seeing her they got a call from a local vet to say she had been brought in by a member of the public and they were reunited
I believe they are invaluble so i wouldnt be without a chip at all (for my dogs that is - shame they don't have them for my kids!!)

Back