• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eating her bed!!

Sue.k

Lucy has been eating her bed lately, I have caught her chewing the corners of it alot but over the last couple of weeks I have been greeted with the stuffing of the bed all over the place! I bought a new bed only 2 weeks ago and she has done the same with this one! Its terrible, I am worried about her health, I am sure this can do damage to her insides. I know this is gross but I can always tell which poo is hers in the back garden as it is full of material and thread! She actually ate a square of material which was about 8"x3", I know this because I had to patch up the bed, I used a pair of old jeans thinking that she couldnt get through it but this morning she has chewed them already. Has anyone experienced this? Help would be so appreciated as I just dont know what to do about it :(

I'd get rid of the fabric liners and beds completely -- this is way too risky for her. Go for something that is heavy canvas as a bed. I have a Fatboy that I bought from Dog Training Ireland and they are pretty rugged. Or cut a piece of vetbed; this is very hard to chew. It is expensive but rugged.

Thanks for that Karlin, I dont even know what vet bed is, is it just like a blanket, will it be comfortable enough for her?

Our profleece bed just arrived for Sally and it's all cut to size and fitted in her plastic bed. We bought this on Cathryn's recommendation and it's good quality stuff and a good price too. The fluff does come off at first but after a wash it's better. It's advertised as chew resistant too and ideal for puppies but Sally isn't a chewer so we haven't tested that out.

We bought this on Cathryn's recommendation and it's good quality stuff and a good price too.

:yikes :xfngr:icon_whistling Did I really recommend this?? :rotfl: I stand by the product I use, I have NOT had to replace any of this bedding in at LEAST 4-5 Years! Puppies have chewed it (2 Generations in fact!) with no damage, "Obviously" 2 generations have been born onto it, YES, granted the fibres clump together over time but a quick brush through and it's fine again!!

I think the term here is "Road tested to (non) destruction!!" :rotfl:

Does anyone know if you can buy this in the USA? Sound like a great product- my puppy is chewing his bedding too, so now I just keep a towel in his crate. Doesn't seem very comfy to me though.:(

Vetbed is all I use for my gang - don't think there's anything that can match it. The best part is it dries so quickly too! As Cathryn said it clumps a bit but I can live with clumps ;)

Last edited:
I had a look at the vet bed, it looks very flat, will it be comfortable enough??

Vetbed is all I use for my gang - don't think there's anything that can match it. The best part is it dries so quickly too! As Cathryn said it clumps a bit but I can live with clumps ;)
Try using a slicker brush on it, brings it up great.;)

I gave my gang the ultimate in comfort ( so I thought) a single quilt in a lovely cover, lovely and snuggly. I came home from work and the I thougth it had been snowing. You dont know how much wading there is in one of those till you see it out !!!!:rolleyes: they have vet bed now and they cant do anything with that.:)

Thanks everyone for your help, I ordered the vetbed yesterday so I will let you all know how it goes :)

Back