PDA

View Full Version : Amber's at the vet

CavyMom
1st April 2008, 06:30 PM
And I'm a mess LOL When I got Amber, she had a reducible hernia that always worried me that she'd get something stuck into, so finally I've decided that despite the wishes of the lady I got her from (who still co-owns Amber). I was going to go ahead and have it repaired and forget about showing her for a while. My friend who I got Amber from really wants to see her shown, but I just wasn't comfortable leaving that hernia like that - Besides, she really needed a dental, and I had putting a dog under anesthetic, so I figured I might as well kill two birds with one stone!

I can't wait to hear back from the vet to find out how she did!

cy1266
1st April 2008, 06:35 PM
Good luck, I'm sure she'll be fine :p Was it an umbilical hernia? My little Truman has a small one, and my vet said that since it's so small he wouldn't want to do anything to fix it until I had him neutered - then he would fix it, but more for aesthetic reasons, not health reasons, since it's so small. Let us know how the surgery goes! :flwr:

AT
1st April 2008, 06:41 PM
my charlie had a strangulated hernia when she was younger. the vet sent her home with antibiotics , said it was just an infection , but I brought her back & insisted they operate.

The vet of course said it wasn't bad at all. the nurse who I spoke to first however said they'd had an awful job with her.

its the only time i've ever seen my girl quiet & not wanting a walk.

Her breeder told me when I got her that it would never strangulate.

BevR
1st April 2008, 06:51 PM
I'm sure she will be just find and soon be back home with you. You;ll probably feel the effects more than she does lol - think we're all guilty of that aren't we ;)

ice-cavi
1st April 2008, 07:01 PM
Good luck Amber.
Silva has just had her hernia fixed. She was pretty down the first day but on the 3 day she ha forgotten about it and was playing and eating normally again.Hope Amber will be quick to recver too:xfngr:

pippa
1st April 2008, 09:35 PM
Good luck Amber.

ourempire
1st April 2008, 09:43 PM
Good luck Amber! I am sure she will recover soon :)

Claire L
1st April 2008, 10:40 PM
:xfngr: everything goes well for Amber :luv: Cavymom, try not to fret too much :hug:

Caraline
2nd April 2008, 06:25 AM
Awww don't you just hate it when they are away having an anaesthetic. I am sure Amber will be just fine & home with you soon. :luv:

qwickkertje
2nd April 2008, 08:05 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/qwickkertje/animated/590-1055.gif

Good luck Amber!! Hope she's feeling better today!

Cathryn
2nd April 2008, 10:45 AM
Am sure that Amber will be just fine! Thinking of you both! :hug: :flwr:

ice-cavi
2nd April 2008, 11:26 AM
Any news on Amber :)?

CavyMom
8th April 2008, 06:56 PM
Sorry, my computer died and I just got it back today! Amber did really well, she's now back home and back to her old self chasing flies around the house LOL I just love this goofy little girl!!!