• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

spaying just after 5 months is this right

ruby2

My vet said that i should spay my ruby puppy female just after she turns 5 months. Would you all agree with this. I know there are different opinions on the diff sites but what would you with experience think?

we did it once , at the time I thought it was great , she was up & playing within hours but I wouldnt do another that young unless I really had to . she has some serious health issues which could be connected to her early speying
if you do a search you should find loads of info on the pro's & cons

Last edited:
Personnally I prefer for them to have had 1 season and then wait 3 months and have them spayed. My vet prefers this too, as he (rightly) points out, they are pretty much fully grown by then and also their heart and lungs are better developed and able to deal with a general anaesthetic.

Back