• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

cavalier kennels

prince

Hi

does anyone know of kennels that will take just Cavaliers. Usually my parents would take Prince when we are on holiday, but this year they are coming on holiday with us. We are absolutely dreading leaving him for the week. Prince is 1 and a real joy !!

Have you talked to your breeder? A lot of breeders will dog-sit for dogs they have bred.

If that isn't an option, people will need to know where you are located to give you any kind of specific direction.

many thanks Bruce

No, my breeder is located quite a long journey from me, so wouldnt be an option. We are based in Dublin.

Oh i wish we were open,new boarding kennels opening soon,in Dungarvan.Would of met you half way as well.

thanks justine

had been thinking, if there were any other cavalier owners, that we might do a "holiday swap" thing, i.e. when they were away we would take their dog and we were away they would take ours, would be peace of mind knowing they were in a home environment with other cavalier lovers.

I have thought of that before,but i would only trust my mum.Try Karlin.My kennels wont be open till Nov/Dec.of this yr.

TKC on this board, home boards dogs in Ratoath -- but not cavaliers only. So does Thelly (southside). I would PM them; I don't have anything to do with boarding or kennelling myself. Personally, I wouldn't swap my dogs around with other people simply because it places a lot of responsibility on people who might have dogs that don;t, say, bolt out the door if given a chance, or don;t have a deaf dog, or have small kids who might leave a door open... there are too many things that would worry me. I go either for an insured home boarding or kennelling situation where the dogs are all safely confined and there's no chance they can get out to a road. I have seen too many lost listings that say the dog got out when it was staying with a relative or a friend...

thanks

thanks karlin, i hadnt really thought of the safety aspect of minding someone elses dog. Yes, i will contact the two you mentioned and get Prince organised. Have to admit though, am absolutely dreading the thought of leaving him, given their nature, he is quite clingy, and would hate to think of him pining away, - well can only hope it will be a positive for him.

Gina

Back