PDA

View Full Version : healthy treats

pippa
2nd April 2008, 02:42 PM
Hi ,
I feed my three a healthy diet RC cavalier topped with veg,but I give them half a 'bonio' each every day around lunch,I sometimes give them a little piece of banana but they eat this in seconds..Does anyone know of a healthy decent sized treat which will last a few minutes and that doesn't contain chicken or is bonio ok to give?

Dublin
7th April 2008, 04:35 PM
Have you tryed james wellbeloved treats called crackerjacks? they do them in lamb & rice, turkey & rice and duck & rice flavours - they're a little big bug quite crunchy so would last awhile - my JRT loves them - Sparky's a bit small for them at the mo!

Karlin
7th April 2008, 04:54 PM
The Crackerjacks are much healthier in terms of ingredients than Bonios -- really nice. A few places sell them -- DTI have them as to Petstop and most of the larger petshops (maybe Petmania near you?). I break the large ones in two and give the dogs a half. :)

Dublin
7th April 2008, 04:56 PM
I used to get my family in england to send them over to me!!!

But the do sell them in the new petshop near the Kylemore Road (Dublin) & in Petstop in Blanch - havent seen them anywhere else yet though!

amanda L
8th April 2008, 02:56 PM
I give fish4dogs fish rolls, nice and crunchy and healthy too ;). Fish4dogs also do sea biscuits (fish and rice), which all of mine love aswell :paw::).

pippa
9th April 2008, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the suggestions,I'll look out for those.