PDA

View Full Version : Dylan now 15

Davy
4th April 2008, 09:45 PM
I posted about Dylan before and today I met up with Dylan owner today and found out he is now 15 years old.(gotcha day was start of the year):cool:

Dylan was already a golden oldie with a heart mummer when he was adopted at 9 years old, but he still going strong and despite being deaf as a post still knows when the fridge door is open (even if hes asleep).

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/dabbie_uk/friends/dylan2.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/dabbie_uk/friends/Dylan.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/dabbie_uk/friends/sianedylan.jpg

ice-cavi
4th April 2008, 09:48 PM
Good looking lad!!!!:luv:

cy1266
4th April 2008, 10:21 PM
Wow, he looks great! What a cutie :luv:

Elaine 2
4th April 2008, 10:32 PM
He's lovely, l love to hear about the oldies it gives you so much hope, my Cody was 8 when l got her nearly a year ago and she's as fit as a flea other than her heart murmur but she's on no meds as yet, thanks for posting his photo's he's a little star

pippa
5th April 2008, 01:14 AM
It really warms my heart to see a fit and healthy dog at this age...I hope I too will be posting someday on my three reaching a grand old age!

Lisa_T
5th April 2008, 02:24 AM
Wow! He is gorgeous! Maybe he knows when the fridge door is opening because he sees the light from it, or alternatively he may feel the vibration in the floor, depending on what you have.

He is a beautiful, beautiful boy, and really doesn't look his age.

Melissa
5th April 2008, 06:39 AM
What a cutie! My hubby says he looks wise.

karenc
5th April 2008, 09:05 AM
Wow 15 and still looking good. :)

Nicki
5th April 2008, 01:06 PM
oh it's wonderful to have an update on Dylan, he is so precious. I think he looks fantastic - and he's lost a little weight?

Rupert always knows when the fridge door is open too - he's totally deaf and even knows when he's in the other room - I'm sure they become telephathic to make up for the deafness :)

Cathryn
5th April 2008, 01:08 PM
WOW!! 15?? He looks fantastic!! A belated :hppybdy: to Dylan!! :luv:

Alison_Leighfield
5th April 2008, 03:49 PM
What a handsome lad! Adorable xxx :)

Alison.

jld
5th April 2008, 05:45 PM
Wow,,,,he looks great. What a handsome fella. judy and dixie

Davy
5th April 2008, 11:28 PM
Thank you, Dylan owner will be so stoked about your kind words. :)

She has not been well lately; she had to go into hospital to have an operation to have some cancer removed. She was meant to stay in hospital (including I.T.) for a week before she started chemo but came out after two days as she could not bear to be parted from Dylan. Her Doctor said he never known someone to recover so quickly especially as she is elderly.

Well how did Dylan thank her when she came home? Gave her a dirty look of ‘oh your back then’ turned and stomped of in the other direction. :lol: Seems he wasn’t getting spoiled by her son, so had to show his displeasure somehow. He’s now back to his normal ways now.

And yes Nicki he has lost weight, the ear bashing from the son, vet and I got through and he eats more healthy now. But given half a chance I know she still slips him a biscuit.;)

Chelle & Rex
6th April 2008, 01:43 AM
What a gorgeous boy

ourempire
6th April 2008, 04:43 PM
That is fantastic - he is really handsome!

BevR
6th April 2008, 07:18 PM
He looks wonderful! Fantastic to see and hear about cavvies reaching a grand age like that

qwickkertje
7th April 2008, 10:36 AM
He looks amazing for being 15 years... wow :D

*Pauline*
7th April 2008, 03:23 PM
He's really cuddly looking. :lotsaluv:

Sibealb
7th April 2008, 09:54 PM
He is just gorgeous. Such a lovely coat !

Karlin
8th April 2008, 06:50 PM
What a teddybear! A great old age too.

He's a great poster boy for why adopting the oldies can be so wonderful! Who wouldn't snatch him up?

Rosewoodsteel
13th April 2008, 05:26 AM
What a sweet looking little guy!
He doesn't look anywhere near his age. :)

rocky
27th April 2008, 10:15 PM
he looks great for his age i hope i look that good at his age?

Cathy T
3rd June 2008, 03:59 AM
I just saw this...what a fabulous looking pair. Dylan looks like a cuddly little teddy bear. Happy belated birthday Dylan!

Davy
25th August 2008, 11:03 PM
Found out today from another dog owner that little Dylan has past over to the bridge a couple of weeks ago. :(

Rest in peace sweet little fella, you gave your owner so much joy

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/dabbie_uk/friends/dylanhead.jpg

Cleo's Person
25th August 2008, 11:09 PM
Oh Davy, I'm so sorry to hear Dylan has passed awy. PLease pass on my condolences to his family. Run free at the bridge handsome boy.

luv my wiggle butts
25th August 2008, 11:22 PM
It really warms my heart to see a fit and healthy dog at this age...I hope I too will be posting someday on my three reaching a grand old age!

I completely agree with you! What a handsome boy, and so sorry to hear that he passed. Still great to hear that he had a long life!

*Pauline*
25th August 2008, 11:41 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry, please pass on my condolences to the owners.

Louise1823
26th August 2008, 02:02 PM
So sorry to hear about Dylan - what a fabulous age for him to reach though..

Rest in peace little teddy bear :lotsaluv:

leesanlucie
26th August 2008, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear about Dylan passing over the bridge.
WOt a great age he got to.....RIP wee man.

Alison_Leighfield
1st September 2008, 08:39 PM
Tell them I am so sorry that he has passed, 15 years is just wonderful, they were blessed.
Rest in peace little fella x

Alison.

Paddy n Tobys Mum
16th October 2008, 10:42 PM
Just started reading this post as I'm new.

Was thinking WOW 15 yrs old, I'm now crying!!!!

Lovely little fella.

ttsabin
19th October 2008, 12:10 AM
what beautiful eyes he had bless him,he only looks like a youngster.

Katelyn
23rd October 2008, 10:36 PM
aw poor Dylan..R.I.P. what a fine age he lived till!
Is his owner doing ok?:(

*Pauline*
10th November 2008, 12:13 AM
I know my Dylan won't last this long but I do smile every time I see this thread. To know this boy was 15 is quite something and at least they shared the same name. Wasn't he beautiful. Have you heard from the owners since?

Davy
10th November 2008, 08:44 PM
No I haven't seen his owner or her son, I keep a look out for her but no luck so far.

We live so near but I don't know her house number, or block and haven't been able to find out. :(

stacy710
8th December 2008, 05:46 AM
What a sweetheart he is !

Davy
18th February 2009, 08:30 PM
I came home from work today to find out that Dylan owner had died. :(

After Dylan went she no longer had the fight in her to over come the cancer that had come back.

Her funeral was today and her son's wreath was a large dog shaped just like Dylan.

So now Dylan and his owner are now back together over the rainbow bridge.

*Pauline*
18th February 2009, 08:32 PM
I'm so sorry Davy. That is very sad. :(

Evelyn
18th February 2009, 09:05 PM
Its very sad to hear that Dylans owner has passed away too ,though they are both pain free and together.
My Aunts little dog had to be PTS and months later just after last Xmas she too passed away. She was 82 and broke her hip , they operated it was a success but she just "gave up" . Despite my visiting her daily, her little dog Polly was her soulmate 24 hours a day and she missed her so much. The companionship a little dog gives to someone living alone is priceless . Many have no-one at all and a little dog is all they have . The best medicine for the lonely ,better than any prescription.

Katelyn
20th February 2009, 11:39 PM
rest in peace to both dog and owner :(

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/dogshevn.htm