PDA

View Full Version : Bissell steam mop

Cathy Moon
5th April 2008, 04:32 AM
Has anyone tried this Bissell steam mop? I'm thinking about ordering it.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6497961

ruby2
5th April 2008, 11:28 AM
well i haven't got it but i will defo look into getting it in ireland. It looks great. If i were you i'd get it. Maybe someone else has it that could tell us if its good. I think it looks brilliant.

What i bought three weeks ago was a steam press. The ones that you just hold down the handle and fold the clothes in it. It was quite expensive at 275 euro. But its the best thing i ever bought. The clothes are ironed in few minutes and you really enjoy doing them. I wont iron with an ordinary iron again. I bought one for my mother as well and it is really brilliant.:*bay:

Nicki
5th April 2008, 11:50 AM
that does look good Cathy - I have a Polti steam cleaner and use that, it does sterilise as well as clean which is reassuring.

Cathryn
5th April 2008, 11:58 AM
Does look good Cathy! Like Nicki I have a Polti and they are really great too!

cosmic81
19th May 2008, 07:18 AM
i dont have this specific one but i do have a steam mop similar to it from Shark. i love it.

we have tile floor and a puppy that is still potty-training-in-progress. i would still usually wipe the soiled area first than use the steam mop to sanitize the whole room. you can tell it really get rid of the germ because the air smell clean instantly. I also use that after i vacuum the house.

However,you really need to vaccum before you use the mop (at least the one i have) otherwise you will just be pushing the hair and dust around.

http://www.target.com/Shark-Steam-Mop-Gray-Purple/dp/B000V4Q8GA/sr=1-3/qid=1211177712/ref=sr_1_3/602-8050240-9047045?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Asteam%20mop&page=1

Cathy T
19th May 2008, 04:15 PM
And, of course, I'm headed to Wal-Mart today anyway :cool: That looks great Cathy. I think I'll pick one up and give it a whirl.

Cathy T
22nd May 2008, 04:02 PM
Of course they didn't have them in stock. Am going to check out Target today and see if they have them.

Cathy T
7th June 2008, 11:42 PM
Ordered this from Amazon and should have it next week. Did you ever get one Cathy? I'll let you all know how it works.

Cathy Moon
8th June 2008, 01:06 AM
I ordered one from Target weeks ago, and I finally received an email yesterday telling me they shipped it. I'm watching for it every day now! :)

Lani
8th June 2008, 02:44 AM
I cannot wait to read the reviews!

ruby2
8th June 2008, 11:44 AM
let us know please what you think of them. I would love to get one if they are good....

CavyMom
9th June 2008, 05:59 PM
That looks like a great idea, I'm going to order one now! I've never seen anything like that, but sanatizing the floors without chemicals sounds like a great idea!!!

Cathy T
10th June 2008, 11:38 PM
Love the steam mop!! OMG....it did such a great job on my kitchen floors. Definitely money well spent. Can't wait til I need to mop again :)

Moviedust
10th June 2008, 11:53 PM
We have the shark mop from Target. It's super easy to use. I like how you just put the water in, pump it up, wipe, and then walk away! (The steam is kinda cool, too, so husband will even do it!)

Cathy Moon
11th June 2008, 01:10 AM
Love the steam mop!! OMG....it did such a great job on my kitchen floors. Definitely money well spent. Can't wait til I need to mop again :)
My steam mop arrived last night on my doorstep. I've been too tired after work to open the box - will do that on the weekend. I am sooo glad to hear it's a great product! I will keep my floors much cleaner from now on! :jump:

Cathy T
11th June 2008, 02:04 AM
I think you'll really like it Cathy. The floors dry pretty quickly.

frecklesmom
11th June 2008, 02:13 AM
I have one and it is so wonderful-fast and complete and the floors really look clean with no effort from me :rah:

Spencer'sMom
11th June 2008, 01:45 PM
After all the rave reviews I think I'm going to hop on the steam mop bandwagon. Has anyone tried it on hardwood floors? We have crummy, old floors that I usually just clean with a regular mop and Method hardwood cleaner. So you can see I don't take great care of them. :)

Mom2Lola
11th June 2008, 02:54 PM
After all the rave reviews I think I'm going to hop on the steam mop bandwagon. Has anyone tried it on hardwood floors? We have crummy, old floors that I usually just clean with a regular mop and Method hardwood cleaner. So you can see I don't take great care of them. :)

I was wondering the same thing. I have hardwood floors and they seem to get even dirtier now that lilttle Lola likes to drink water and then have it drip from her mouth throught the house.:rolleyes: We say that it collects in her "flappers"! :razz:

Cathy Moon
12th June 2008, 12:44 AM
I have opened the user's guide, so here goes:

Your Steam Mop is designed to clean hard flooring such as ceramic tile, vinyl, laminate, marble, stone and sealed hard wood floors. Use of your Steam Mop on waxed or some unwaxed floors may result in a diminished glossiness. The Steam Mop is not for use on unsealed wood floors. For best results test in an inconspicuous area or check the care instructions from your flooring manufacturer. I guess it depends on how scratched the varnish is. Maybe you could wax the floors to seal them, then use the steam mop?

My previous house was built in 1919 and we had crummy, old floors. I used some type of orange oil on them and it left a few dark spots where the varnish was scratched to the wood. :o I read the instructions afterwards, and it was only meant to be used on sealed wood floors. It didn't bother me though.

Spencer'sMom
12th June 2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks, Cathy! I'll still get it b/c we also have a lot of tile. I can do a little spot test on the hardwood under one of my rugs. But the floors have so many scratches, dings, etc. that I can't imagine the steam would make them look any worse! :)

Moviedust
12th June 2008, 03:01 AM
We have sealed oak floors, and we used the steam mop on them. You dont get the same sheen you would with some of those orange oil cleaning products, but it is clean without any discoloration or apparent damage. After the moisture dries, it gives the wood floor a more matte finish.

It's great on tile, and wonderful on linoleum!