PDA

View Full Version : chocolate colour cavalier

ruby2
6th April 2008, 01:01 PM
Im wondering about the chocolate colour cavalier. Does anyone have one of them. I have a ruby. But i saw a picture on the net a few weeks ago of the chocolate colour ruby and i was just curious???
It said that it was a colour that was in the king charles years ago and that they werent popular for showing??
I saw a picture of one with the chocolate brown colour all on the outside and lighter underneath. Just curious. I know on this site some people have the ruby, tri, black and tan and blenheim........
So does anyone know about the chocolate?????

Cathryn
6th April 2008, 01:23 PM
Hi!

There have been several threads over the years on this, the best one to look at is this one

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=11717&highlight=Chocolate+Colour

Enjoy!!!

ruby2
6th April 2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for that cathryn. I just looked at that site. All my questions were answered. I must say i love that photo of the chocolate brown cavalier. I think they are beautiful.:luv:
I would love one of those with my ruby. But as the site said her paws were very big. The picture i saw on the net a while ago was an older chocolate colour cavalier and i must say with the long hair and the chocolate colour it was so fabulous,,,,you would literally love to eat her!!!!! but for the life of me i cant find it now. I showed it to my mother on the day so i know im not dreaming.

Anyway i think the chocolate cavaliers look so good you could eat them!!;)

Cathryn
6th April 2008, 01:55 PM
Funny you should say that, if you "Google" the term "Chocolate Cavalier" loads of sites pop up but with this result instead!! :confused:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/261361_Cavalier_Milk_Chocolate_Tablet_85g.html

See? they really are good enough to eat!! :lol:

ruby2
6th April 2008, 01:58 PM
OH THAT IS FUNNY CATHRYN. I just went into the site waiting to see dogs.............................................. ......:jump:

Cathryn
6th April 2008, 02:04 PM
:lol: Yeah I couldn't believe it when I first did it, but there are pages of links to sites like that! Try it yourself and see what I mean!! :lol: Word of warning, I will not be held responsible for any-one gaining weight after visiting this link! :lol:

chloe'sdee
6th April 2008, 03:01 PM
One more thread with good pictures of a chocolate:)

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=23381

ruby2
6th April 2008, 03:07 PM
You wouldnt believe it dawn thats the photo i saw a few weeks ago on the internet. I couldnt find it again.

Oh my god that dog is so fabulous. I love the chocolate colour.

Thanks i can now go and tend to my family. Im happy out now. I wanted to see that photo again and couldnt find it,. I have now saved it as one of my favourites on my computer.
You see now you made my day!!!!!!:)

chloe'sdee
6th April 2008, 03:13 PM
I'm so glad I could help, be sure to look through the whole thread, as there are pictures of one of his pups on there. He belongs to one of my friends. ;)

Karlin
6th April 2008, 03:42 PM
That is one of breeder Sue Cochran's dogs. She strictly controls where any puppies of that colour are homed.

chloe92us
6th April 2008, 04:55 PM
I think they are GORGEOUS! I had never seen a black and white either until the other day on a "rescue" site. It's very interesting that these colorways still come up in a litter. It's ashame, though, that the color is not accepted as I would love to have one...or at least see more of them!

Halina
7th April 2008, 08:19 PM
I had a chocolate cocker spaniel, beautiful dog, beautiful color but her temperment "was a bit off". Nothing like my Ruby cavalier. Deb