• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jake, Wonderful News!!

Cathryn

Hi All!

I have just had an email from my Father with regards to Jake.

Let me elaborate a little, Jake is a Tri-colour Cavalier that I bred, when he was 6 weeks old he was booked for a wonderful family, however, at 8 weeks old when he went for his first injection he was diagnosed with a heart murmur :( I swapped him for his litter brother and kept Jake on, at 10 weeks the murmur was still there and I took him to my cardiologist who diagnosed him as having a "Systolic Murmur/ small hole in the heart" I was devastated :(

In time he went to live with my (Totally wonderful) parents, it was really weird you could put your fingers to his elbow point and actually "feel" the defect in his heart! :(

So now 5 years on I was so happy :rah: to receive the following Email from my Dad tonight :rah:

"Jake saw Dave this afternoon for his MOT and booster jabs. The
REALLY GOOD news is that Dave cannot detect any increase in Jake's
heart murmur and was really impressed with him!"

Sadly Jake has to have a couple of teeth removed, but they are very aware of his heart status and will really look after him, my parent use the same vets as me, and longer term members will remember the pic I posted of Jake's half sister "Bella" post surgery from her spay.

I WILL NOT/NEVER sell a puppy I have the slightest doubt about no matter what that doubt may be. Jake is testimony (I believe) to this.

I Love you so much Jake you great big softy! :lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

The pic below is his expression on being told he is about to be groomed, something he totally hates! :lol: :rotfl: Sorry but this is the only up to date pic I have of him currently!!

ohnoitsthegroomingbrush.jpg

Well done Jake:rah:great news for you Cathryn bet you are really pleased. Good to know he has a wonderful happy life. He looks a little sweetie.:)

The picture of the poor pet is funny. He defo does not want to be groomed.....
Great news. congratulations. :rah:

That's great news Cathryn bet your Mam and Dad are over the moon with this news, he's a little smasher... he's lovely

How wonderful to have had such a dire diagnosis at such a long age and still be around to tell us about it. Good for you Jake!!!

And that picture tells us exactly what you think about grooming;)

Sad though it may be. It's so good to hear he is not deteriorating any further and in a great loving home with your father.

Glad to hear that Jakes future has turned out more rosey than it may have at first seemed.

good news

Hi

you must be really pleased but reading your post has raised some questions in my mind re heart murmurs and age so I'm off to look at the health section......

Maxine

Fantastic news about Jake! So glad you have him placed with your family so you can keep up on him. Hopefully he will live a long and very happy life as he is loved and pampered!

oh great news abotu Jake - he's such a character and it's wonderful to hear he's doing really well.

My parents went out for the day today so I went over and spent an hour with their dogs this afternoon.
Jake says Thank You for your wonderful comments, and had you all seen him bounding around the garden (The 2 girls take 3 steps for 1 of his!!:lol:) You would NEVER know there was anything wrong with his heart at all :luv: :luv:

What a funny picture, I do love your tri's Cathryn :lotsaluv: I'm glad you had this good news and he hasn't got worse. I think I've heard little holes in the heart can close in time but that was in humans.

Back