• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Abbey

Jen

Abbey turned 6 yesterday, so hard to believe!

She had her annual neuro appt at the U of M with Dr. McVey today, and as we suspected, we need to increase her Gabopentin to three times a day. :( The last few months we've noticed her scratching has increased a few hours or so before her breakfast and again before dinner... the times when she gets her pill; the affects aren't lasting as long as it used to. McVey didn't see any clinical signs (limb weakness, gate, etc.) issues, so that's good. He talked to us about a possible new drug trial for SM that the U of M may be participating in. He said he let us know if she's a candidate.:xfngr:

IMG_0414.jpg

She's so lovely -- what an adorable face. I can't believe she is 6 either -- seems like we all just had our new young dogs a short time ago! The drug trial sounds very interesting! If you learn more drop me a PM. I'm sorry she needs an increased dose; Leo I think really does now as well.

Oh Happy Birthday darling Abbey for yesterday, hope she had a good day adn was spoilt even more than usual!!

Sorry to hear she's more scratchy - I think it's sensible to increase the Gabapentin, it's processed very quickly by the body so seems to work best given 8 hourly.

Keep us posted on the drug trial - I wonder if it's similar to the one at RVC here in the UK?

Oh Happy Birthday darling Abbey for yesterday, hope she had a good day adn was spoilt even more than usual!!

Sorry to hear she's more scratchy - I think it's sensible to increase the Gabapentin, it's processed very quickly by the body so seems to work best given 8 hourly.

Keep us posted on the drug trial - I wonder if it's similar to the one at RVC here in the UK?

Yes, it is coordinated with the RVC trial. I should have more info on it in a few weeks.

:hppybdy: Lovely Abbey! You are so very very pretty. I'm so sorry to hear they have to increase her dose. The trial sounds very promising :xfngr: she'll be a candidate.

Back