PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Dublin: 4-5 year old male blenheim

Karlin
10th April 2008, 09:19 PM
Very friendly boy found standing in traffic with lorries dodging around him and he is very lucky he wasn't squished flat. :eek: A kind woman opened her car door and in he jumped. She spent two hours going door to door, talking to shops and dog walkers; notified the pound and gardai but no luck in finding his owner and he isn't chipped, no tags either. This boy is excellent with kids and other dogs. He will however try to bolt out the door given half a chance.

He will be snipped and chipped shortly. I have a waiting list of families for a dog like this so probably will not need to search for a home but am posting him anyway just in case. No pictures yet.

*Pauline*
11th April 2008, 12:23 AM
I hope he finds his real owners again, I have a feeling they will make contact. I found a dog once and took it home and called the police, they told me who to call, then few minutes later, the police called back, the owner had called them. I wonder if anyone calls the police first?

Karlin
11th April 2008, 01:29 AM
She did contact the police (gardai). She's had him for a week and the owners have neither tried to call the police or the pounds. Legally, he can be rehomed if unclaimed for five days. If he was only chipped, he'd have long since been returned as she also had her vet scan him. The owners are very lucky he didn't go -- as he normally would -- to that area's pound. They rehome almost no dogs from there -- most are put down.

Karlin
12th April 2008, 01:17 PM
Homed to friends of the woman who found him. :) He'll be sorted for chip and snip through Irish Cav Rescue.

Nicki
12th April 2008, 02:03 PM
OH great news Karlin, so glad this one has a happy ending.

ruby2
12th April 2008, 04:23 PM
Thats great thank go the he wasnt put down.

Great news for the new owners.:rah:

Louisma
15th April 2008, 11:19 AM
thats a lovely story then - glad it all turned out okay