PDA

View Full Version : Breeder websites

frecklesmom
11th April 2008, 06:25 PM
Gives more insight on how to weed out superior/inferior breeder websites.

http://www.kaylenbergsiberians.com/BreedersOnline.htm

Karlin
11th April 2008, 07:53 PM
That's excellent. I will add the link to the Library. :thmbsup:

What they say about displaying the puppies is so true. So many of the good breeder websites do not even get around to posting their new litters -- they get too busy! :lol:

To me a real sign of a questionable breeder is when they show all their litters (especially when there are multiples going at once! :yikes) using two or three shots of the puppy so you can see the markings. I know a few good breeders who do show a side and head angle perhaps -- usually as a part of explaining structure for example or to document size and shape at different ages. No one does a left, right and back shot of markings alone, where they do not even bother to display the pup's structure -- where it is like a mug shot view. That's something many irresponsible breeders do for naive pet buyers who think markings alone are an important basis of choosing a puppy. Sets alarm bells ringing every time.

Cathryn
11th April 2008, 08:45 PM
Brilliant!! Wonderful link!!

another thing the irresponsible breeders do is dress the puppy up, pop on a little tiara or necklace on bitch puppies and bowties on the boys, the poor puppy generally looks scared to death in the pic!!

Cathy Moon
12th April 2008, 04:46 PM
Really great find, Frecklesmom! :thmbsup: Thanks so much for posting this!

JeanKC
13th April 2008, 05:42 AM
To me a real sign of a questionable breeder is when they show all their litters (especially when there are multiples going at once! :yikes) using two or three shots of the puppy so you can see the markings. I know a few good breeders who do show a side and head angle perhaps -- usually as a part of explaining structure for example or to document size and shape at different ages. No one does a left, right and back shot of markings alone, where they do not even bother to display the pup's structure -- where it is like a mug shot view. That's something many irresponsible breeders do for naive pet buyers who think markings alone are an important basis of choosing a puppy. Sets alarm bells ringing every time. As a 'shopper', I appreciate any and all pictures of the puppies, posed or not.