PDA

View Full Version : Plastic dog beds

Melissa
12th April 2008, 04:38 AM
I keep seeing pictures of these formed plastic beds that look like you can put any bedding in them. I was wondering what there were called and if there are any good places to buy them in the US.

Thanks!!!

Karlin
12th April 2008, 01:49 PM
I think pet shops are your best bet -- I haven't really seen them online in the US. They are the most common and cheap dog bed here! Easy to wash out and then you can just wash the pad of your choice, or blankets or whatever as bedding.

PS in Wisconsin I'd try someplace like Fleet Farm maybe? oR one of the big pet shop chains.

Melissa
12th April 2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks Karlin. I like the fact that I wouldn't be washing the molded foam of most beds you find around here because I have 2 cats that like to pee is soft things and I'm afraid they would climb right in. I'll keep looking :) I use to work at Fleet Farm and sadly they only carry the big square pillows for beds. I'm going to have to check into the big cities since I can't seem to find them at pet co or pet smart.

frecklesmom
13th April 2008, 12:28 AM
Think you will find them here

http://www.cherrybrook.com or you can find the brand a Amazon but I think it still is thru this place :).

Melissa
13th April 2008, 02:07 AM
OH thank you soo much! Not bad price either..... Now what size should I get? I'm thinking medium since he likes to spread out.

Karlin
14th April 2008, 11:04 AM
Large going by our larges, would be huge.

It is funny (kind of odd!) that these are such a hard style to find in the US -- I wonder why? They are carried at the most basic pet shops here (eg even the sections of home improvement centres) --probably the most common type of dog bed.

Ste
14th April 2008, 02:50 PM
As you have cats i'd keep an eye on these beds should you find them. One of my guys seems to think that anything made of plastic is obviously meant as a litter box :eek:

Karlin
14th April 2008, 03:29 PM
Empty aquariums have also qualified in our house... :yikes

Melissa
15th April 2008, 12:49 AM
As you have cats i'd keep an eye on these beds should you find them. One of my guys seems to think that anything made of plastic is obviously meant as a litter box :eek:

Empty aquariums have also qualified in our house... :yikes

I have 2 male cats that are both fixed and large litter boxes but they seem to like to use soft things of litter boxes... such as sweatshirts, bathrobes or blankets that are left on the floor for more then 24 hours. I keep Maverick's crate closed during the day since he only goes in at night ( he sleeps in our bed during the day) Empty aquariums is a different one... I've seen empty plant pots or even the bath tub. My sister had a cat that trained herself to use the toilet, it was always weird walking in on her:eek: