• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

stainless spaniel bowls

I bought these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stainless-Steel...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

IMO, they are still a little too wide at the top, and they are too deep to use for food. Daisy is uncomfortable sticking her head that deep into the bowl. It's OK for water, as long as it's kept pretty full. Generally what happens is that Daisy would get only one of her ears in the bowl when she drank, rather than both. So I guess it was a 50% improvement!

I just quit using them last week. I bought another ceramic bowl that is deep and narrow at the top. I don't know if it is actually narrower at the top than the stainless one, but since I won't use the other stainless bowl in the set for food, it looked kind of stupid having two bowls in the stand and then another ceramic bowl on the floor for food. But at least it's a lot more stable than one of these stainless bowls out of its stand.

If this all sounds complex, then you may agree with my husband that I'm a little obsessed with all of this! :)

Personnally I use the wider topped shallower bowls and pop a snood on the dogs to stop them getting their ears dirty!

The smallest commercial spaniel bowls sold are all for cockers -- so they are always too wide and a bit too deep unless you have fairly large cavaliers.

I use cat-size shallow bowls and headbands.

Back