• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Your vote will help fund SM studies!!!

Cathy Moon

SM research needs funding and is the only way to conquer SM in our beloved breed. Others will benefit from this research as well. I have seen first hand how much suffering this disease causes - many of you remember little Charlie, our rescue cavalier who had severe SM, and many generously donated to help with his surgery and care. In memory of Charlie, Colin and I have been considering ways to raise funds for the research, and this is the first of several ideas. I will create separate posts for the other fund raisers. This one is FREE - your votes could make a difference!!!!

I recently discovered that Bissell has a pet photo contest in which Bissell will make a $10,000 donation to the pet cause of the grand prize winner's choice. I submitted a photo of India - if she gets enough votes to win the grand prize, the donation will go to Grant No 954: Identification of Genes Causing Chiari I Malformation with Syringomelia in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, which is sponsored by the American Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club Charitable Trust

If India wins the weekly prize, a Bissell Pet Hair Eraser vacuum cleaner, I will sell it (either by taking bids or on Craig's List) and donate the proceeds to Grant No. 954.

Here is the Contest site - to vote click on India's photo (on the top left), then provide your name and email address.
http://www.bissell.com/Page_id/47200/Locating_a_Specific_Pet.aspx?RowFilter=I

Here is more information about the contest:
http://www.bissell.com/MVP_Pet_Photo_Contest.aspx

We chose a photo of India for the contest, because she had formed a special relationship with Charlie, always looking after him and wanting to be near him.

Please feel free to cross post. Voting is from April 15 through April 22.

Thanks for your votes! I really hope we get that $10,000 for SM research!

Here is a photo of India with Charlie doing his little crab-walk (this was due to his spinal nerves being compressed so severely from SM.)
DSC_0055.jpg

I voted and have placed it on my msn name thingy so hopefully all my friends will. (if not i will have to beat them)

Gosh Cathy....just breaks my heart every time I think of that sweet boy and the suffering he went through. You truly were his guardian angel in giving him his wings and releasing him from his poor little body. :hug:

And the winner is..............
India!!!!!!! :dogwlk:

God bless little Charlie.
(Our little boy is named Charlie too and it would absolutely break our hearts if anything ever happened to him.)

Has anyone in the UK managed to vote?

It automatically takes me on to the Bissell UK site, even when I copy and paste the address into the browser. I suspect they are only allowing US residents to vote {they can identify from teh ISP address}

...so PLEASE e-mail all your friends and family in the US and ask them to vote.

I'm so sorry Cathy, I tried...and if anyone works out how to do it, please let me know.

Big kisses to India, she is such a pretty girl and I loved that she was so good with Charlie.

I was able to get in and vote but I had to navigate around the website before I found the right page.

Good luck India!

Thanks for your votes! :flwr:
Here are additional instructions for navigating the site:
Go to Bissell.com http://www.bissell.com/
  1. scroll down and click on the pink 'MVP' on the lower left.
  2. scroll down and click on the green 'click here to vote on photos'
  3. scroll down and click on 'April 15 - April 22'
  4. click on the green 'click here to locate a specific pet by name'
  5. click on the letter 'I'
  6. click on India's photo and fill in your first name, last name and email address, then click 'submit vote'
I hope this works!
I have been emailing people too. I hope we can win the $10,000 for SM research!

Back