PDA

View Full Version : Good Puppia Sites

CavyMom
17th April 2008, 04:31 PM
I know a while back someone posted a good, inexpensive site for ordering Puppia, and now I can't find it! I want to order a couple more so all my dogs have one, I just love them! I've never found another harness that works as well on my IGs, and they're so soft and comfortable for them to wear I can leave them on the dogs when we go visiting without worrying they'll rub sores on them like alot of other harnesses have!

Lexie
18th April 2008, 02:15 AM
Was it this one: http://www.k9instyleclassic.com/
They have free shipping in US and Canada.

and http://www.tiabellas.com/boutique/harnesses-c-24.html

CavyMom
18th April 2008, 06:11 AM
Most cavaliers wear a medium, correct? I bought one from someone on here and can't remember if it's a medium or small - It's perfect for my IGs, but a little small for my cavalier.

arasara
18th April 2008, 03:09 PM
oh you guys are now talking my language :p

here's woof and wag (also a great seller on ebay!)

http://www.woofandwag.com/servlet/the-Dog-Collars-%26-Dog-Harness/searchpath/124/start/1/total/32/Categories

As well as the new york dog shop (who is having a 15% off sale all day tomorrow .. use the code "Anniversary1" at the checkout:

www.thenewyorkdogshop.com

I also really like this site:

http://www.ipuppyzone.com/

Happy Shoppin :D

CavyMom
18th April 2008, 04:14 PM
GREAT! Now I've just got to decide on colors and figure out what sizes I need!

Lynn
18th April 2008, 05:44 PM
and
xyz.com/boutique

Just a FYI for those looking for a good place to buy Puppias

I will NEVER shop at the SECOND shop that Lexie mentioned. I just had an almost 3 week long "customer service" nightmare with this company. If you choose ebay at least the seller is working to get good feedback..... Not a whole lot of recourse when things go bad...except countless emails, some of which turned quite unprofessional in my view.

I will post separately about my experience. I'd like to know if others had a bad experience trying to return a defective Puppia like I did. The above mentioned gets a lot of free advertising here...that is why I shopped there.

Cathy T
18th April 2008, 07:20 PM
I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with Tiabellas. I've been purchasing from Roxanne for a couple of years now and never had a problem.

Lynn
18th April 2008, 08:00 PM
I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with . I've been purchasing from Roxanne for a couple of years now and never had a problem.

Have you ever had to return anything?? I never had a problem until I had a defective item.

Lexie
19th April 2008, 12:24 AM
Most cavaliers wear a medium, correct? I bought one from someone on here and can't remember if it's a medium or small - It's perfect for my IGs, but a little small for my cavalier.

Lexie's neck is 13" and her chest is 18 1/2" (21 lbs) :eek:. According to the size chart she is a medium. The medium I have is a little snug going over her head so I bought her a large. I would definately measure your dog before ordering.

The first one we bought, the clasp wore out. So I do check for wear & tear now.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2026/2190022689_24d8a2f5ed_m.jpg

arasara
19th April 2008, 02:54 AM
I just returned a green medium puppia that had never been worn and it was exchanged for a large . . . I had no problems with it ;)

I am sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience :(

Cathy T
19th April 2008, 04:59 PM
Have you ever had to return anything?? I never had a problem until I had a defective item.

Yes. The first puppia I ordered for the pups were mediums but I couldn't get them over their heads. I returned them and requested a size large. I got them.

I ordered the Douglas Paquette Christmas collars for the dogs and ordered one size. Roxanne called to ask me if I was sure I wanted that size as she felt a smaller size would fit the dogs whereas the size I ordered would be too big. I agreed to change the size and the size shipped to me was a good fit.

I had a special situation where some friends of mine were in need of a stroller. They both had physical issues that limited their abilities to walk thier two Cavaliers. I asked Roxanne if Tiabellas would be willing to do anything financially to help them purchase a stroller. Roxanne arranged for them to purchase the stroller at cost.

Lynn
19th April 2008, 06:03 PM
Wow Cathy! You have had wonderful service! I am truly happy to hear that. I am sure that everyone has good days and bad days ....and unfortunately I had a series of 'bad days' regarding customer service. I used to work in customer service for a major outdoor retailer that takes customer service very seriously...and had I ever communicated with a customer like what this company we are chatting about did with me...I could have been fired.

I felt that because this company frequently receives free advertising here on this board that it was only fair to mention that I had a bad experience.

Claire L
20th April 2008, 12:38 PM
I've bought lots of Puppias from Tia Bellas and I have to say that I have never had a problem and the shipping costs are great. Roxanne charges me for shipping in a Jiffy Bag.

Recently I purchased two collars from Douglas Paquette and I was charged $19 for shipping :eek: My two collars arrived in a box large enough to hold 200.

Lynn
20th April 2008, 10:00 PM
I'm so glad that others have had good luck from Tiabellas.

In approx 1 years time I think I shopped at Tiabellas only 3 times and only spent about $300 combined. Losing my business means nothing to them, I am sure....at least that the impression they gave me.

Karlin
20th April 2008, 10:53 PM
It seems silly to me for anyone in Ireland or the UK to order Puppias from the US and pay postage when they are widely available in Ireland and the UK... :confused:

On this broader topic:

People are always welcome to discuss, pro and con, merchants and the service they receive.

This thread raises an ongoing issue for me - I have considered restricting what I consider to be sales pitches for particular merchants -- and did restrict them coming directly from the merchants -- especially when that seemed to be the only reason they joined or ever posted on the board. There are a few such accounts now suspended. icon_nwunsure

I think for some people there's the matter of knowing the merchant through the various dog sites and having an online relationship with them. That's a strong motivation to a merchant for providing good service even when the relationship is casual. Obviously that good service should extend to people who are not personally known to the merchant as well.

I don't mind people posting when new products come in but will start deleting threads I feel are only really being posted to provide free advertising for specific merchants. What is the difference? Most posts in this section link to products, and are not primarily about the merchant. It is hard to define in words but I have a pretty clear sense in my own mind when I think the post is more about plugging the merchant. IN other words if people want to post about new Puppias coming in and link to some images at a site or several sites, feel free. If people want to post specifically about Puppias being available at a specific merchant and then talk all about that merchant -- especially if subsequent posts are also about the merchant, not the products -- I will probably delete the thread. It's an ad by stealth.

I continually review whether to keep a shopping section at all. It is really intended to give people a heads up to new products, or to allow merchants to occasionally post if they are offering specials to board members or have something particularly noteworthy in, but not to have posts which are, basically, advertisements, unless there's a legit reason such as a sale.

I think this merchant and this topic has had enough publicity, pro and con, for now and I will close the thread. If anyone has questions or issues, they can PM me. :thmbsup:

Karlin
21st April 2008, 09:46 PM
Any mention of this merchant (TiaBellas or Roxanne) is now banned from the forum as I have no intention of allowing any business to be advertised or mentioned here that threatens to sue its own customers on the basis of a customer service complaint and insists all negative comments about them be removed. :sl*p:

I supply a very useful guide to what constitutes libel and defamation in the Getting Started section, for anyone who needs to review these terms.

If offering comments about service from a publicly operating business was 'defamation', eBay would not exist. :rolleyes: