PDA

View Full Version : Brushes

vicarrieous
17th April 2008, 05:18 PM
I read back on some previous posts on shedding and went and bought a Kong Zoom Groom brush. I couldnt break down and buy a furminator yet so I got the Zoom Groom which was 8.99.

It worked GREAT! I could see results and it is very durable which is great since Kip is super wiggly when getting brushed and likes to chew on the brush.

It was easy to clean and did a great job! Just thought I would pass on the results!

cy1266
21st April 2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the tip, that's good to know! I only use the Furminator on the cats, since I don't think our dogs need any of that undercoat removed...I just use a metal comb on the dogs right now, but it's always nice to have another recommendation!

cosmic81
19th May 2008, 07:11 AM
i have both. i think the zoom works good when bathing the dogs. but it only remove loose hair from the dry coat. Furmanator in another hand really get rid of the undercoat. i bought me on a dog expo so it was a decent deal..i am sure u can find it cheaper online somewhere.

frecklesmom
19th May 2008, 02:48 PM
Zoom Groom is a great invention. Works terrifically well on Freckles coat and he loves it. Does not work on Annie's coat-b/t -but Furminator and Mat King work on hers. furminator works on Chickabees weird short double coat and pinbrush works best on Mollies coat. Poodle comb works on 3 of them. Their coats are as individual as they are :). I love the Zoom Groom for baths for all-I can get out all the dead hair and they think they're getting a massage. For some reason it comes to mind as I gaze on a supply of grooming tools-"no such thing as a free puppy".