• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need to vent big time !!!

msunter

Hi All

I'm not much of a big poster on here as work full time but still have the time to be with our lovely Cav boy Rio.

We live in a close tenament building and I have lived here with my parents and sisters for 22 years. We are the longest living here with our next door neighbours. Anyway long story short. We got Rio over a year and a half ago and not one of the neighbours has ever complained about him. They all love him. :D

Anyway my younger next door neighbour who is just 15 years of age is starting to rebel big time. She was a quiet girl, up until a few months ago as has now discovered boys and has a new group of friends. She is an only child and loves dogs so they rescued what they think to be a Parson Jack Russell Terrier/Whippet. He bullies other dogs he meets. Pins Rio down and places his jaws round Rio's neck. We have to keep them separate at all times. Charlie is younger than Rio and is definitely a harder and tougher dog to handle because of his cross breeding. He also overrules my young neighbour very much and she cannot control him even though he has been to obedience classes. All the residents in the building pay for the upkeep of the garden as my Mum used to cut the grass all the time and never get any money for it and then next minute you would see all the neighbours out sunning themselves in the garden.

So far she lets Charlie do his business on the new cut lawn and doesn't pick it up. My Dad had a word with her last week about it and she just played dumb when we all watched from the kitchen window for the dog doing his business. She didnt even flinch she just let him back upstairs !

Tonight really took the biscuit though. My sisters went to bed about 11pm and I was watching a film with Rio on my lap :) Next minute my sister came running in to say to come and look out the window. We watched as Charlie ripped up the two new baby trees my Mum had planted 2 weeks ago in the garden. There was soil all over the grass. All the while my young neighbour talks on the phone to her new flavour of the month, staggering around the garden, completely legless :O The dog was whipping the tree back and forth in his mouth then grabbed the plant pot and started to shred it into bits all over our garden. My Mum has a hard enough time to even get a measly £7.00 from them every month for the gardner.

It made me so angry so I went downstairs and had it out with her. She was so drunk that I could hardly make out what she was saying while Charlie jumped all over me. She even had the cheek to try and put the plant back in the broken pot with no soil. While Charlie ran around her pulling it back out !!!

I just said I was disgusted with her and that to expect a visit in the morning from us.

I am so angry. My Mum is on night shift as a nurse and she does not need this extra stress and doesnt want to cause more tension with our neighbour we have known for 20 years.

My mum called us tonight and we had to tell her so she will be having it out tomorrow with my younger neighbours Mother.

Just makes me so angry !!!!

Sorry had to vent !

Well that whole situation is just wrong!! I'm sorry you have such a disrespectful neighbor. That's a shame that your mom's hard work is getting destroyed. Hope you're able to find a solution.

Boy that is really frustrating. Is there any type of oversight on the building eg council, residents association etc? Someplace where you could complain? What about her parents?

I'd start going out at night, bagging the poop in a clear bag, and tying it to their front door. :mad: Maybe a group of residents can go to talk to this family? What's sad is that it is this type of irresponsible dog ownership that gives the dog bad name when this is a people problem, and gives dog owners generally a bad image.

I'm sorry you have to put up with a neighbor like that. :( At our old house we lived next door to a family of potheads (!) and it was NOT fun. Now that we've moved it has been soooo peaceful, and we love our neighbors. Life is too short. I would recommend moving since you really cannot change others, and it is difficult to get law enforcement involved.

Not sure that poop should be returned in a bag, Karlin! ;)
(Just trowel it over to their doorstep!)

Returning poop to the dogs' owner is always a very effective cure! :)

I'd start going out at night, bagging the poop in a clear bag, and tying it to their front door. :mad:

BRAVO Karlin.. you you took the words out my mouth except Id omit the bag!!
Its a shame they allow their dog be so destructive, its also a shame a long standing neighbour can have so little respect for your family. I can see two things happening, one - the child will become more out of control if her parents dont nip her behaviour in the bud and two- that dog will bite someone or injure another dog, thus possibly ending up pts.

I sympathise with you but both issuses need sorting now before its too late. Good luck.:)

Hi All

Thanks all for your words of wisdom. This morning when my Mum came off of night shift she went down into the garden to view the destruction. There was dog dirt in the garden all over the large patio we built and the tree itself is beyond replanting all that was left was a few leaves and a twig. My Mum always carries poop scoop bags with her so she picked it up and left it hanging on their door when she came inside. My young neighbour looked very sheepish today when I saw her across the street at the shop when I went to buy milk and rolls for breakfast, she couldn't even look me in the face. I just said "Hows the hangover ? and oh by the way my Mum is looking for the money for the trees your dog has destroyed" she just shrugged her shoulders and sloped off home. She doesnt even care!

I had to take Rio to the vets this afternoon for his anal glands to be emptied and as we were coming back into the building my neighbour's mother came out and was holding the bag of dog poo. She asked if I had left it and said "No, but I would ask myself what my daughter was up to last night and had have you seen the damage to the garden." she looked at me as if I had grown a second head. I took her downstairs and showed her. She apologised profusely and said she would have her daughter pay for the plants and tidy the garden and that she would be having a word with her. She was very embarrased and angry.

I later heard shouting through our bedroom wall. They must have been arguing about her behaviour. Later tonight our doorbell went as my Mum was getting ready for another night shift. My neighbour asked my Mum, sisters and I outright if her daughter was drunk and said yes and asked why she was alone last night when she and her husband weren't home as they were working. They said she was having a sleepover at a friends house from school but said there was a fallout after they had all been at the park and she had come home to let the dog out while she was drunk. Im just so surprised the police in our area didnt see her coming home and pick her up. Charlie their dog has now been sent to her aunt's across the water from us while Jennifer's attitude is to change and has been grounded for 6 months ! I feel sorry for the dog, if he had the right owners and training he wouldn't be the way he is.

:(

Well it sounds like your politeness paid off. I'm glad that's sorted and maybe she will learn something from this!

Im pleased her parents are sorting this problem out, at least they are punishing the daughter and making her pay for the damage.:)

I agree! Too many parents take the childs side & don't want to know when they annoy other people. Don't feel too sorry for the dog, maybe he'll be better looked after in his new home, they may give him a bit of training?

I am so glad to hear this outcome, I was so annoyed after reading your first post that I nearly posted there and then but carried on reading thankfully!

Firstly as others have said don't feel sorry for the other dog he will most certainly be in a far better home than the one he had with your neighbour.
As a Mother I believe that having pets teaches kids responsibility, obviously your neighbours daughter does not want that responsibility, nor the responsibility of learning to keep things neat and tidy, she appears to have a total dis-regard for other people's hard work and effort, a saying springs to mind here,

"What goes around comes around"

At least her parents appear to want to sort the situation out and their actions support that. I hope that she will come to realise with time that with age comes responsibility!

I am so glad to hear this outcome, I was so annoyed after reading your first post that I nearly posted there and then but carried on reading thankfully!

Firstly as others have said don't feel sorry for the other dog he will most certainly be in a far better home than the one he had with your neighbour.
As a Mother I believe that having pets teaches kids responsibility, obviously your neighbours daughter does not want that responsibility, nor the responsibility of learning to keep things neat and tidy, she appears to have a total dis-regard for other people's hard work and effort, a saying springs to mind here,

"What goes around comes around"

At least her parents appear to want to sort the situation out and their actions support that. I hope that she will come to realise with time that with age comes responsibility!

Couldn't have put it any better Cathryn!

I'm so glad this situation sorted itself out! Well done for your mum for initiating things by leaving the poo bag on at the door. I'm not sure I'd have had the B***s to do that, and would probably seethed in silence :rolleyes:. But it just goes to show, people can be reasonable and respectful of others if we just give them a chance. Hopefully their dog will have a great new home, and the daughter will sort herself out.

Back