• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Names Of Parts

Brian M

Hello again

I was just finishing my last post and my mind went blank again, so a question that has been asked before what names do we give to all the parts of our cavaliers.

1) Feathers
2) Bloomers hair around the bum
3) Foot hair
4) Chest hair

and ther must be lots more so can so i have lots of posts please and lots of different names of parts and explanation from the UK and around the globe , i just got stuck with a blank mind for foot hair :rah:

Foot hair = Slippers.
I'm not sure if that is correct, but that is what I call them.

icon_blshingI see I was slow submitting. I had to answer my phone.

Here's the terms that my family uses... maybe a groomer will have proper terms

1) Feathers... well this is the same...
2) Bloomers hair around the bum... humm this one would be butt fur or butt fringe
3) Foot hair - slippers
4) Chest hair- my mom calls it a beard on her springers... I havn't really called it anything yep since Maverick has very boring fur there

Feathers = Feathers I.e Long hair down inside's of front legs
Bloomers hair around rear end = Trousers
Foot Hair = Slippers
Chest Hair = Shirt Front
Hair down lower sides of body =Skirtings

Hope that helps you all?? VBG!!

Other bits are the actual ear flaps themselves are called the "Leathers" and the fringing is often referred to as "Ear Feathering"....

Hi

And thanks a lot cathryn thats just what i wondered now filed away were i wont forget

Best Wishes

Brian

Back