• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best Vacuum for cavalier hair

Yvonne117

I have two cavs so lots of hair. Can you recommend the best Vacuum cleaner for pet hairs in the uk. I am desperate, have had a cylinder Electorolux and have now purchased a panasonic cylinder both have been useless for the pet hairs. Up until now have had wooden flooring but have just moved and the whole house is carpeted. Does anyone recommend the dison have read such mixed reviews. Would be happy to have an upright just want the best one for cavalier hairs.

We have a Dyson based on recommendations from other breeders we know. We have had it now for about a year. There is absolutely nothing we have had that even comes close to working as well. Even our Meile wasn't even close to as good and that was an expensive vacume. Literally every breeder we know has one and like them.

I just wish they could figure out a way to keep the hair from getting rolled up in the roller. It's better than our other vacumes, but we still have to clean the hair out of the roller every time we use it.

Hya I've had the animal dyson for around 2years now & I couldnt be with out it!
Its the upright version which I can find a bit bulky sometimes, have wondered if the pull along one may of been easyer icon_nwunsurebut its been so far the best at picking up the hairs.:)

I generally like Panasonic products, but the last two vacuum uprights didn't last long , regarding sucking strength. I opted for an Electrolux, this time bagless, and find it very effective. However, my model was cheap (about £80) being a trail run one, which didn't go into full production (they dropped the magic duster attachment).

People on Dogpages, and elsewhere, have often discussed cleaners, some not liking Dyson, the most popular, for various reasons. There were people for and against the Electrolux, but the againsts were ones who bought models with a small motor. Mine is a 2000watt and was bought on the basis that , if it lost power, it would be replaced.

While looking for my new machine, I discovered that 'pet' doesn't mean the cleaner has super powers to suck up hair, but that there is a turbo attachment to put on the end of the wand. This was no use to me as our suite is leather, but I did, later, buy a small powerful (and cheap) Panasonic bagless cylinder, to use on the stairs or for small spills.

The Dyson is great EXCEPT for me it's heavy, but with 3 cavs I need the power, and I like the bagless feature--otherwise I'd be buying and changing out bags all the time.:v*cuum:

The Dyson is great EXCEPT for me it's heavy, but with 3 cavs I need the power, and I like the bagless feature--otherwise I'd be buying and changing out bags all the time.:v*cuum:

That was another problem with our Meile. What we paid for bags over the 6 years we had it was probably the cost of a Dyson. We'll never own another vacume that requires bags.

I have a morphy Richards cylinder vac,bagless.Great at picking up hair,but, the hair does ball up and wrap itself round the cylinder.I do like the fact that I can empty it though and would never have bags again.

That was another problem with our Meile. What we paid for bags over the 6 years we had it was probably the cost of a Dyson. We'll never own another vacume that requires bags.
Do you still have the Miele? We're pleased with ours, but one of the selling points for us WAS the bags. I like it because it's good for 'dusting' too.

KC

Do you still have the Miele? We're pleased with ours, but one of the selling points for us WAS the bags. I like it because it's good for 'dusting' too.

KC

No, don't have it any more. We bought the Dyson when the Meile's motor burned up. Our Dyson is definately better than our Meile was, but maybe tha's because our Meile was getting old. I don't know if 6 years is good for a vacume or not; that's what we got out of our Meile.

The Dysons we get in the UK and Ireland (Dyson Animal model) are lighter in weight than the US vac. The US one is acTually the industrial weight model, I understand from the Dyson folks. apparently the US likes heavier models, is what I was told. ;)

I'm a Dyson fan though the hair in the roller needs regular cleaning and you need to watch for hair blockages in the opening just behind the roller. I have a lot of dogs and cats so always have a lot of hair to pick up and am sure this is why I get the occasional clog! I know people who also like the Bissell and the Miele.

I've got the Dyson DC21 Motorhead and it is absolutely awesome. If you can get the Motorhead, that is much more powerful than the Turbine (wind driven) brushes, as the Motorhead is power driven, so nothing stops it. The price tag was a bit of a horror, but I'd never be without one now. The big test is our house is to be able to walk around with black socks on after the floor has been vacuumed & get no hair on the socks.

We have a Sebo Pet K1 which is fantastic - i have like many others tried lots of different vaccums over the years and i find it better than the Dyson - its lighter and easier to manage it has great suction and picks up all the dog and cat hair!

My daughter is an Athsmatic and allergic to cats if she touches them - since getting the Sebo it has kept the house clear of pet hair more than ever before - she hardly uses her inhaler anymore!

The only down side is that you have to buy the bags - but i find i only buy 1 box every 3 months and that seems to last well (thats covering an adverage size 4 bed house)

http://www.sebo.co.uk/Pages/k1_pet_airbelt.html

I LOVE our Miele because it seems like it also cleans that air. All of the dust and hair, etc. gets trapped in the bag, and you can feel how clean the air is after you use it. The bags are $$, but with four animals, it's worth it to me for the house feel so clean! :v*cuum:

Back