PDA

View Full Version : Lovely read about rescue

frecklesmom
20th April 2008, 10:38 PM
:( + :)

http://www.kalidunncavaliers.com/Rescue/

Karlin
20th April 2008, 11:34 PM
I love her descriptions of her fosters! Thanks for that wonderful link. :)

TriTitch
21st April 2008, 03:49 AM
Gawd!! How can human beings be so despicably cold hearted :( that is seriously so heartbreaking and catastrophic :cry*ing:

CavyMom
21st April 2008, 05:42 AM
Wow, reading that page brought up so many emotions! I've never personally been to a puppy mill auction, I was going to go to one last winter, but was in an accident only a couple hours away :( But I have seen the devistation it causes on dogs - I wish ALL breeders had her passion and love for the breed!!! I wish every person who brought a life into this world had that some commitment to not only protect and accept full responsibility for their own breeding, but to take in these mill kids, and the kids from less responsible breeders who don't care what happens once they have the money in their pocket!!!! As a breeder, I couldn't sleep well at night if I didn't extend my love of IGs and Cavaliers to others who aren't as fortunate as my own dogs, and I'd never feel right about breeding a litter, no matter how nice they turned out or the accomplishments they make, if I didn't also help those dogs that don't have a responsible breeder watching them develop and making sure they're alway safe - The reality is, if EVERY breeder made a committment to also do rescue, soon they'd be no need for it! And wouldn't THAT be a glorious, wonderful occasion to know every puppy ever brought into this world had a loving, caring, devoted home to care for it for the rest of it's life?

Eeva
21st April 2008, 01:41 PM
What a story! I can never understand how people can be so cruel, us humans! How is it possible! I cried when I read this page, too horrific to be true.:cry*ing:
I'm hoping to rescue a cavalier, fingers crossed:xfngr:

Cavvygirl
21st April 2008, 07:14 PM
What an amazing account of a puppy mill, they are truly wonderful people (as is everyone who helps in rescue!) I wish that we could do something to help other than just donate:(

Lynn
21st April 2008, 07:29 PM
That was lovely, thank you for posting it.

My Lucky Star Rescue dog Nora (age 6) has such a joy and love of life. Almost every time we go into our fenced yard Nora exhibits such happiness...she doesn't walk or run around...she prances!!! She plays! She wants to have fun! Meanwhile, my other two seem bored with playing... I have to wonder if she remembers her past and is grateful to finally be somewhere that she is loved?

CavyMom
22nd April 2008, 01:00 AM
That was lovely, thank you for posting it.

My Lucky Star Rescue dog Nora (age 6) has such a joy and love of life. Almost every time we go into our fenced yard Nora exhibits such happiness...she doesn't walk or run around...she prances!!! She plays! She wants to have fun! Meanwhile, my other two seem bored with playing... I have to wonder if she remembers her past and is grateful to finally be somewhere that she is loved?
I think they really do! When I compare my dogs to each other - I have 6 IGs that have been well treated from birth, they where born and raised as pampered show dogs, and don't seem to really appreciate all they've got. Then there's Amber who, while treated and cared for well, before coming to me had always lived in a kennel situation, and didn't get the one-on-one attention cavaliers thrive on! She just loves to snuggle, and will just race round the yard! Then there's my puppy mill IG, Tina, who really had a rough start, and had to have a couple surgeries on one of her legs before she could even walk properly, let alone run and play like a normal dog! After months of rehab and careful work with her, she'll just play with a toy for hours, prance around the yard, and really seems to take each moment to the fullest! I've noticed this alot doing rescue - The dogs that come to me in the worst condition, noce they've been rehabilitated and taught how to play, and how to be a dog, they always seem so happy about life and so up about everything! That's why I'm so involved in rescue, it's so rewarding to watch a dog go from a shadow of a dog that seems to have given up on life, to a playful, happy dog that has so much to give! There's just nothing better or sweeter then watching a rescue dog just be a happy dog!!!