• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

1st stay in kennels

Harvey's Mum

Hi Everyone

Just been away for a long weekend and had to put Harvey and Rudi in kennels for the first time. As you can imagine I was very concerned about how they would cope with this.

When I went to pick them up I was so pleased, they came out very happy, I got a good bath :lol: but they were also jumping up at the kennel maid, even Harvey and he never jumps up at anyone so I was very happy, they also had washed all their bedding and the boys smell gorgeous, will have to ask them what they groomed them with. I didn't asked for them to be groomed or the bedding washed.

It may not be the best looking kennels, but the staff are excellent with them. I would rather have staff that loved their job than a posh kennel any day. The kennels were heated and double glazed and the run had a covered roof. They also exercised the boys twice a day in a paddock and they even cooked chicken for them to go on top of their royal canin, which is what they have at home. In fact they couldn't do enough for you. All of this cost me £6 per dog a day. Well happy! I am one happy customer.

Anna (Mum of Harvey & Rudi)

That's a very good price! I'm paying £16 a day to have Dylan looked after on his own in a home. It's the closest thing to being at home and he will have human company as much as he has at home and 4 small walks a day. I might put him in kennels next time when he has had all his vaccinations, my vaccination regime means he would only be able to go into kennels every other year. (we give the lepto and kennel cough vaccine yearly though).

I'm glad you were happy, you can relax next time.

Pauline, just curious why you give kennel cough yearly if he isn't going into kennels? (or is that needed for boarding, as that would make sense?). If you aren't boarding him with other dogs, then he doesn't need an annual kennel cough vaccine at all -- or most vets wouldn't vaccinate for this annually at any rate). The vaccine depending on type probably lasts between 6-12 months so many vets would give it every six months if you are boarding dogs with lots of other dogs.

I got a reminder from my vet for the kennel cough vaccine so I did it. I have been told it lasts 10 months but I have left it longer. I used to need to be up to date for dog training classes but I don't go anymore. They can catch kennel cough anywhere mind you. The boarding I use do require vaccines but they know my vaccine regime.

Back