• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

MARKING or LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE

Brian M

Hi
Every night when i arrive home from work the girls follow my every step ,which i fully admit i totally enjoy every second ,and when i pop upstairs the girls dutifully follow me and jump up on the bed to join me .If i stay up for any period of time the girls naturally doze off ,Rosie either sleeps alongside me or occupies one of two cat radiator beds which again run by the side of the bed and Daisy sleeps either on the bed or in the other cat bed which the cats have now vacated as its quieter in Luke's bedroom or downstairs with Dawn. Poppy tends to sleep on the bed for a bit then jumps down and lies beside my bed but as the floor is oak hardwood i have thought that it must be a bit uncomfortable for her so to compensate i have bought a nice padded 5 FT X 3 FT pet mattress and put that alongside me for her to lie on ,but on two occasions even though i have been there she has weed on it so i am reluctant to put it back down . So should i put it down again washed of course or shall i just leave her to lie on the floor ,which she doesn't seem to mind ,i presume she is just scent marking her and i wouldn't dream of shouting at her,so as the title says shall i let sleeping dogs lie on the oak floor or shall i put the mattress down

5x3' is really large for a Cavalier bed. I suppose she could be claiming it as her own, or thinking, I can potty one end and sleep nice and dry on the other end. Not sure. My girl sleeps in her cozy crate next to our bed and she seems to enjoy her little house. During the day, she is not much interested in her Wally Bed, but favors my lap or one end of the couch. When she gets tired of those locations she enjoys doing the Cavalier stretch on the cool hardwood floor and resumes snoring! If your girl does use a doggie bed, you could try one that is cozy (like the Wally) and just her size. Dogs usually don't like to soil the area where they curl up!

Back