• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New board software

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
The new release of the board will be out this week and I am hoping to have it up and running this weekend at latest. I am REALLY excited about this version of the board as it has so many new features for all to use! Just a heads up to say get ready for some new stuff... :*nana:b*n*n*

Oh goody!!!! I am excited. Hopefully it will be user friendly for the hopelessly computer challenged me. :lpy:

I may enable... personal photo albums. :) Depends on how much server space they will take.

People will be able to tag posts (so that you can search the tags for all articles on housetraining for example), profiles are expanded, you can bookmark favourite threads to Digg etc.

Lots of things to check out.

Sounds good!! Another forum I am on has very similar software to this one and there's a "Thank You" button you can hit to thank people for an informative post or a kind message, is that in the new software too Karlin?

I don't know about the thanks button! I'll have to wait til I install it and see...

Right now I am going crazy checking many times a day to see if they've released the new version. On Friday they promised it this week so thousands of us keep checking the site to see if it is ready for download... ;) We've all been watching the discussions as the software has gone through debugging and trial versions since back in November.

I don't know about the thanks button! I'll have to wait til I install it and see...

Right now I am going crazy checking many times a day to see if they've released the new version. On Friday they promised it this week so thousands of us keep checking the site to see if it is ready for download... ;) We've all been watching the discussions as the software has gone through debugging and trial versions since back in November.

:lol: Now you know how we breeders feel waiting for our Mums to be to deliver!!:rolleyes:;)

Well, a new vulnerability appeared for websites at the start of the week so instead they had to put out a patched version of the current board, and also rework the new software to incorporate this fix which meant again -- bugchecking it. :-| So I am hoping the new software will be out next week now -- so near and yet so far!!

Sounds good karlin. Can't wait. This is the only site that i would go on for chats of different kind. I would'nt normally go on a chat site or any site like this. I think it's great the way people answer back all the queries etc. Very friendly.

Thanks ruby 2:)

Tt is out today -- hooray! The new version is running on the main software site.

Perfect timing, as I have the time to go to work on updating this site.

Hence there MAY be some downtime while I do the upgrade to the live site. If you come here and can't get the main page, this will be why.

I've waited a long long time to be able to upgrade the board with these new features!!

All will be revealed soon...

Tt is out today -- hooray! The new version is running on the main software site.

Perfect timing, as I have the time to go to work on updating this site.

Hence there MAY be some downtime while I do the upgrade to the live site. If you come here and can't get the main page, this will be why.

I've waited a long long time to be able to upgrade the board with these new features!!

All will be revealed soon...

oh kewl! i can't hardly wait! thank you for all your hard work on this great site!!!

OK everyone, it is up and running. :rah:

There's an announcement at the top of the General section that has some basic info; there's more in the FAQ section, and you'll keep stumbling across more and more things as you use the board. There's now a LOT of social networking features; you also all have a blog and a photo album for 2 individual albums of 30 images each. Just play around and you'll find things as you go. There will be some who know how to use some of these features and that will help to get things going. :)

Back