PDA

View Full Version : RECLAIMED: Tri Boy in Dunboyne Pound

Ste
23rd April 2008, 08:37 PM
There's currently a Tri Boy in Dunboyne pound, contact details are in the first post.........

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=61901

Louise1823
23rd April 2008, 09:32 PM
what a beautiful little thing - hopefully somebody is looking for him and he gets to go home soon :xfngr:

Karlin
24th April 2008, 02:16 AM
Have contacted them. I'd be surprised if this fellow isn't homed from the pound though. PS If anyone wants to go up and reserve this boy for me, PM me.

karenc
24th April 2008, 08:44 AM
He's a stunner. It a shame if his owners dont find him , I can imagine they will be frantic. I hope he finds a good home soon.:)

amanda L
24th April 2008, 11:02 AM
Karlin, have pm'd you

Louise1823
24th April 2008, 11:49 AM
The owners are on their way to collect him now! Happy ending :)

Karlin
24th April 2008, 12:32 PM
How did you verify this?

Louise1823
24th April 2008, 12:42 PM
Was just talking to a lady at Dunboyne pound to see if the owners had been in contact with them. She confirmed that they had and were on their way to collect him.

Karlin
24th April 2008, 01:04 PM
OK, thanks -- the rescuers working at that pound were asking. I don't take dogs directly from there myself, I work with the Dunboyne pound rescue group.

Louise1823
24th April 2008, 01:12 PM
Okay, no problem - the lady I spoke with in the pound was called Danielle, she said that the owners had contacted her looking for him. I was just calling to see if he had already been reserved, before contacting you. Apparently they work on a first come first serve basis, so had he already been reserved this is the home he would have gone to - if the owners hadn't come forward by Monday. (Maybe this is the way all punds work?)
Hopefully the owners will get his microchip registered now - Im sure they got a nasty fright...

Sue.k
24th April 2008, 01:31 PM
Oh he is a beauty, I hope they take care and make sure he doesnt stray again, the poor little man!!!

Karlin
24th April 2008, 01:54 PM
That is how the pounds work -- mostly. I deal directly with the pound rescuers for each pound, not with the pound itself, as the rescuers know the status of each dog and arrange for it to be released to rescue if possible. Any other approach, I need people to contact me first before any contact is made with the pound as there are factors that must be considered and ways of doing things that won't mess things up with rescue, hence my post. People are always welcome as private individuals to make enquiries; just don't make them on behalf of any rescue or on behalf of me; this is really important. :thmbsup:

Barbara Nixon
24th April 2008, 02:01 PM
A good outcome. I thought he looked too well kept to not be someone's pet, recently.

Louise1823
24th April 2008, 02:03 PM
Absolutely - I comepletely understand. As I said, I just called to check if he had already been reserved, as a private enquiry - before I went ahead and sent you a PM. I would never mention you or the rescue, so no need to worry :thmbsup:

Karlin
24th April 2008, 02:29 PM
That's cool! They require people to go in personally and reserve dogs there so it is a bit involved.