PDA

View Full Version : Cycling...

Andy's mum
25th April 2008, 12:25 PM
Hi, I love to go out on a bike and I want take Andy on bike trips with me, but can't find anything to put him in to. Can you help me? I quess I'm looking for some safe bag or basket or crate I could put on bike... Or maybe some rucksack, but I'm not sure if Andy would be happy in there..:) Thanks for any suggestions...

Karlin
25th April 2008, 12:42 PM
There's loads of stuff out there, from a wide range of different baskets for front or back, to little trailers. Petedge.com has some stuff as I have the catalogue upstairs. Zooplus.ie has a lot of things too but they are Europe-based. People probably know some other sites. The main things to consider is the quaity of the basket and the weight of the dog and where you will use it -- most baskets will only carry dogs up to 15 lbs. The trailers are fun but I'd be worried about using one in lots of traffic, but great for side roads or bike paths.

Melissa
27th April 2008, 04:57 AM
I know Debby with a y has a trailer for her dogs and she loves it. I'm also looking for something other then a trailer... and US based.

Harry & Heidi's mom
27th April 2008, 10:15 AM
i'm still looking for a trailer for my bike for the dogs for when we go camping, they have some on ebay but a little too expensive for me

Karlin
27th April 2008, 11:15 AM
I think if you want a decently made trailer that is safe for the dogs, you are talking something that is fairly pricy. I wouldn't trust the lives of mine in something inexpensive; same with trailers for kids. You want the same quality construction, and strong welds, that would go into a quality bicycle and therefore of the same price region as a bicycle.

Karlin
27th April 2008, 11:17 AM
For US items -- just google the term and loads of links come up:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bicycle+basket+dogs&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

PS I'd only go for specially built basket with secure attachments for both basket and inside for the dog. They *can* be dangerous -- some dogs get scared and will try to jump out.It takes time to train them. I used a plastic crate with about 5 bungie cords for full stability and 'backup' safety, on the back rack of my bike and that worked well for basic transport (used that all the time for dogs and cats before I had a car).