• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Are the puppias good for dogs with sm?

Bridam

We've got a normal harness from petsmart that doesn't seem that comfortable to put on. I'm looking for a good walk in harness.

Some dogs with sensitive heads don't like the ones that have to be pulled over the head. I have the jacket types and really like those but the sizes are odd -- the styles all vary. The step in (non Puppia) harnesses can be good too. It really all depends on the dog.

I can't wait till Sparky's grown so I can get him a nice harness! I have an easy walk one I bought in the local vets for now as he's only small still.

Am REALLY loving the upcountry ones - anyone know if they ship to Ireland?

This is the kind of harness I have for Cassie at the moment - I got it from their stand at Crufts this year.
http://www.dog-games.co.uk/newshop/Harnesses+-+Fleece+Lined/

I got the upcountry harnesses for my cavs and they are great. Much easier to put on Madison with SM than the one I had from petsmart. The step-in design is great from my perspective.

I found the same thing with Charlie. He couldn't wear any Puppias, in fact the step in puppia caused him to have a pain episode - just from trying it on him!

Whitney from here at CavTalk sent us one of Spencer's Up Country harnesses and matching lead for Charlie - it worked perfectly for him!

I have this board to thank (blame???!!!) for our Up Country harnesses. Jake has sailboats and Shelby has pink and orange flowers...with matching collars of course. I love these harnesses. Nicely made and so many patterns to choose from.

I ordered the UpCountry step in harness for Ruby right after her surgery, and it's great! The patterns are so cute--I got her multi colored hearts with the matching leash of course!! The people at UpCountry were really nice to deal with too. They helped me to figure out which size to get.

Yes, they are very helpful. I ordered harnesses that were too wide for Jake and Shelby. I called the company and talked to someone. She shipped out the thinner ones and had me return the others.

I couldn't walk them until I got good harnesses and the Texas heat would take a break. Boy are the pooped tonight thanks to upcountry

What size Upcountry harness would work for a 16 lb Cavalier? Dottie has 4 different Puppias in medium that fit nicely, but would like to try something with different patterns for that special fashion statement, and comfort!

I have size small upcountrys for my almost 16 pound female, my 14 pound male and also my 14 pound female. They are so easy to put on.
Bev

Back