• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Been on a microchipping course

misty

and I'm delighted to say I'm certified .... or maybe I should be ;)

Seriously, a team of us from The Spaniel Trust went on a chipping course today. We were allowed to bring up to 3 pets each to be chipped, so Jennifer and I took Marlon, Cazy and Jemima.

All 3 were so well-behaved and didn't even murmur as they were chipped. I'm really proud of the furbabes :), and I'm a little bit proud of myself too :) :).

Hey that's great! They have changed the rules over here so that now a vet has to do the chipping; it's a pain as some of the rescue crowd had done the course including Tara and Lisa and it would be wonderful if we could chip the rescues ourselves.

Way to go Misty!! :rah:

I did the course about 5 years back and it has more than paid for itself, like you I took 3 of my own dogs with me and I was shaking like a leaf when I did the first one!! She was a lightly marked girl and the vet's comment of "Oh good, a lightly marked dog now if it bleeds I can show you how to stop it!" certainly did my nerves no good at all!! :lol:
She didn't bleed thankfully (to the vets total annoyance :badgrin:) note to self "Buy more chips!"

Congratulations on becoming a qualified chipper!!

Back