PDA

View Full Version : what size puppia should i buy?

Ciren
29th April 2008, 01:00 AM
and how adjustable are they?

cy1266
29th April 2008, 02:45 AM
I believe you said you wanted to rescue, so if you get an adult, it depends how big your new dog is...My Miles is 1 year old and 18 lbs and he has worn a medium for quite some time. Truman is 5 months old (today!) and is about 11 lbs, and I think he's probably a small...we haven't gotten him one yet. They are adjustable around the girth by several inches, but not adjustable at all around the neck. If Miles had a larger head he would have to move up to a large. It fits him fine in the body, but he had a larger, more angular head, so he's almost a large! I'm not sure if the other Puppia styles are more adjustable than the regular (I have the basic style, not the step-in harness) style...there are many Puppia addicts on here, so I'm sure they'll chime in with their information! :lol:

Ciren
29th April 2008, 02:46 AM
thanks!

Melissa
29th April 2008, 03:36 AM
Maverick is just over a year old and fits a medium perfectly and weights about 15 or 16lbs... not sure on inches right now.

I would wait till you find out what size your rescue will be before orderings. Depending on where you order from they come really fast.

arasara
29th April 2008, 07:19 PM
If your dog has a wide chest or head at all she/he will likely need a large :) Faithey is 22lbs and she is definately a large, whereas Kosmo is 17 and he's still good with the medium. :)

I really think it depends on what measurements the dog is .. if you match those measurements up with the puppia ones, you should be able to make a pretty informed decision as to what to buy :flwr:

If you get it in and it's the wrong size, many places will gladly exchange :o

Ciren
29th April 2008, 07:34 PM
:D

Dublin
2nd May 2008, 02:00 PM
:rah:Just bought 2 rainbow puppia harnesses (one blue & one pink) from ebay (I'm not an ebay addict - honest!!!!) for the kids - can't wait to get them now - although Sparky won't be able to wear his yet as I ordered a medium & he's still ickle!

Michael
20th May 2008, 10:36 PM
Cooper just got a new orange puppia harness,med.size,he is 13 pounds.It fits perfectly.
He also got a pee coat,he doesn't like it much but it works pretty well.