PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Lucky Star?

redhare
29th April 2008, 04:41 PM
I just went to look at the Lucky Star website, and got a message that their account has been suspended due to overuse/running out of resources. Anyone know what happened? I'm hoping it's because they just got too many hits in a short period of time....

Scouty girl
29th April 2008, 05:22 PM
I was able to get into the website, but the picture is missing and I cannot manuever around the site to look at anything. Maybe they are updating the site. I did read where they are getting more rescues from Amish farms.?????

Karlin
29th April 2008, 06:19 PM
I think they have probably just used up most of their storage space perhaps. Sounds like a minor glitch. They have a lot of rescues coming in and are asking for fresh volunteers to foster and transport. :)

Rumor
30th April 2008, 02:53 PM
I have noticed that Lucky Star and USA Cavalier rescue have been getting alot of rescues lately. More and more purebred Cavies are showing up in shelters. What is going on? :(

Karlin
30th April 2008, 02:59 PM
The breed is gaining in popularity, people buy dogs and then decide they don't want them; there are more being bred in puppy farms and thus more at auction; and when people buy cheaper cavaliers from junk breeders they feel less compulsion and responsibility to hang on to the dogs. Also their breeders do not take back dogs of their breeding, as any reputable breeder will *insist* within their homing contract. Lots more people are breeding their cavaliers too and then give or sell the puppies cheaply and people feel the dogs are more disposable.

Every breed that has become popular starts to inundate rescue, shelters and pounds. :( Esp. when featured in a film or on TV -- cavaliers have now been on sex in the City (caused a HUGE flood of enquiries to breeders :rolleyes:) and then Lady in the Tramp.

Some of the most prolific (and unwanted) dogs in pounds/shelters are larger breeds that have been in films, like dalmations. People get the puppies as they are cute and have no idea they adopted an energetic active and headstrong breed that like all dogs, can be destructive and noisy when bored.

redhare
30th April 2008, 03:00 PM
It seems that many are coming from mills getting rid of dogs. I know Cavalier Rescue just got a bunch in New England due to an owner passing away and leaving 8 dogs......