• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hills v Royal Canin

deborahjane

I have 3 Cavies, Lady 6mths, Pippa almost 6mths and Treacle 14wks. At the moment they are on Hills Chicken...Lady cant stand it, will not eat it unless she is starving!!!! Got a small bag of Royal Canin and she wolfed it down and looked for more. Pippa and Treacle the little gannets will eat anything and every thing. I was thinking of changing them all onto RC, have seen RC for Cavaliers but only in adult form. With the difference ingaes will this be ok to give them? I dont want to upset their growing or anything. Any advice would be great.:):)

Lady is probably holding out more because she is testing you for attention than that she is actually not willing to eat a food -- I think you may find she will do the same with RC or any food within days or a week or so. See the thread in the Library section on finicky eaters for advice.

RC is a better food than Hills, though, and better value.

Many breeders recommend never feeding puppy food. I never did and all my dogs are fine. They feel it accelerates their growth too much.

Back