PDA

View Full Version : yoghurts

rocky
2nd May 2008, 11:54 PM
can you feed them yoghurts and if so what are the best to give them?

Cathy Moon
3rd May 2008, 05:23 PM
Choose a plain white yogurt with no sugar or sweeteners. The best kind will have live pro-biotics cultures. If he gets soft stools, gas, or diarrhea from the yogurt, he may be lactose intolerant, so you'd want to discontinue feeding it. Just feed a small amount like a teaspoonful or a small dollop on his food or in his kong.

rocky
3rd May 2008, 10:07 PM
thanks for that i am just trying to try out a little more variety for him

Davy
4th May 2008, 12:45 AM
I started to feed my one with pro-biotic yoghurt after three rounds of cystitis I did some research on this site and decided to try the pro-biotic yoghurt with her meals. Touch wood (3x times:o) she not had it since.

I think I tried everyone one the market. The one that seem to work with her was the cheapest. She is a large Cavalier so I give her a tablespoon but it’s a level tablespoon. She doesn’t need any more than that once a day mixed in with her food.

She also loves it which helps and if I can get hold of the dog gravy, I mix a little bit of that with it as well.

Caraline
4th May 2008, 02:20 PM
My guys love yoghurt. Like Cathy I feed mine natural yoghurt with all those nice little good bacteria.

karenc
4th May 2008, 06:50 PM
My lot love goats milk yoghurt, they have it a few times a week.

cy1266
5th May 2008, 07:34 PM
Mine eat yogurt too, I usually buy the all natural, organic plain yogurt with pro-biotic cultures...they love it and have some every morning :)