• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vomit

NejiXSan

Hey people.. i just wanted to know how often your cavalier throws up? and what do you clean it up with..?

A dog shouldn't really be throwing up so there wouldn't really be a 'how often' answer. If it is, the dog (especially a puppy) generally needs to see a vet right away to make sure there are no problems causing this as vomiting can indicate a serious and threatening problem (ingesting something poisonous, intestinal blockage etc). The vet may need to do xrays etc to check for foreign objects and if something dangerous has been eaten, may need to do surgery to remove it or empty the stomach contents immediately. I cannot even remember the last time any of my 4 dogs threw up. You clean it up the same way you do with human vomit -- nothing special needed.

Great advice from Karlin regarding getting your pup health checked at the Vet if this is a frequent problem. How old is your dog and how long have you had him/her?

The one and only time I ever saw my girl throw up (more of a spit up) was when she was in Billy Goat mode and ate some grass. Otherwise she was fine.

Back