• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New breed?

freesia

Saw an advert for a Prince Charles Cavalier today, seems a bit funny if you have a King Charles and you don't know it's a King Charles. Could be a genuine mistake I suppose. Just to make sure though, there are no Prince Charles Cavaliers are there?

Tricolours are prince charles but I wouldn't expect many people to know that.
sounds like someone just got mixed up

we once went to see a king spaniel & it was a blue roan cocker ! the man said he had the papers but had lost them. think the poor thing was probably stolen

Tricolours are prince charles but I wouldn't expect many people to know that.
sounds like someone just got mixed up

Thanks for that bit if info - I didn't know that but glad I do now especially being a mum to two Tri's

I've only seen it described as the King Charles Spaniel term, too -- maybe a long while ago it might have been used with cavaliers, but even in older books I haven't seen the term used. I wonder why it wasn't carried over to cavaliers?

I've heard people mistakenly call the breed a Prince Charles though -- a slip of the tongue I think!

I've heard it before in relation to colours.Blenheim was red and white, Ruby is Ruby, Tricolour is Prince Charles and Black and tan was King Charles.
I read this in an old book belonging to my mother in law, so I'm not sure if it refers to cavaliers or the original King Charles breed.
Sins

This 1919 National Geographic gives this: re:" King Charles Spaniel"
"The King Charles is the pure black and tan
The tricolor, or Prince Charles, is black and tan with a large amount of white.
The Ruby is all deep rich red or mahogany bay.
The Blenheim is mainly "pearly white", with large, evenly distributed ruby or chestnut markings. "

Learn something everyday. Thank you for that, I had never heard of it or seen it anywhere before.:)

Back