PDA

View Full Version : Vet in Charlotte NC?

katc10
6th May 2008, 12:29 AM
Hi all. We will be moving to Charlotte NC soon from San Diego, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a vet in the area? Also, any other dog-related info on the area would be great as well. Thanks in advance.:)

CavAddict
25th August 2011, 02:17 PM
Hi all. We will be moving to Charlotte NC soon from San Diego, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a vet in the area? Also, any other dog-related info on the area would be great as well. Thanks in advance.:)

I know this post is a little old, but I am also looking for a good vet for my Cavalier pup in Charlotte, NC.....anyone know one?

Thanks!

GraciesMom
30th August 2011, 03:38 PM
She lives in Charlotte and can weigh in on this for you. Welcome to the board!! Nice to see another person from North Carolina here.

anniemac
30th August 2011, 04:44 PM
Hello and welcome to the board! I am so excited to find someone else in the area :p. I actually used to see a vet that another member of the board sees but I am changing. I have heard wonderful things about this vet and it is nice that he owns 2 Cavaliers so he is very familiar with the breed

[deleted by admin -- a reminder again to please keep personal evaluations to PMs and not public postings as noted in the Getting Started section]

I will send you a PM and maybe you can come to our next Cavalier meet up

CavAddict
6th September 2011, 05:07 AM
Thank you for the recommendation. Oddly enough I came across Dr. Weavers name from a few other people as well (not on the board, but friends). So I immediately made an appoinmtment to see him on this Wednesday. I am anxiously waiting to see what he has to say about my beautiful little Bailey.If I had never been on this forum I would not know the signs to look for for SM, but now that I know what to look for my pup seems to have all the signs/symptoms. I hope it is just me freaking out as a new puppy owner. I am sure Dr. Weaver will be able to put my fears to rest....hopefully. :)

Thank again for the recommendation!

anniemac
6th September 2011, 05:18 PM
Thank you for the recommendation. Oddly enough I came across Dr. Weavers name from a few other people as well (not on the board, but friends). So I immediately made an appoinmtment to see him on this Wednesday. I am anxiously waiting to see what he has to say about my beautiful little Bailey.If I had never been on this forum I would not know the signs to look for for SM, but now that I know what to look for my pup seems to have all the signs/symptoms. I hope it is just me freaking out as a new puppy owner. I am sure Dr. Weaver will be able to put my fears to rest....hopefully. :)

Thank again for the recommendation!

I am not sure about Dr. Weaver and SM. I would hope having cavaliers he would be familiar with the condition. I still would print off things from this website to give him. http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/part2.htm#20 if he is not familiar with Dr. Rusbridge, I would be shocked. Anyway, I unfortunately had a cavalier with SM and I'm pretty familiar. I would be interested in hearing what he says.

What symptoms are you seeing? Please send me a PM or we can talk. I had an appointment 9/10 but elton went to old vet. I would like to know more. We are lucky in charlotte to have a board certified neurologist so if it is something that needs treatment, I would see what he says about referral and have neurologist look further.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

CavAddict
8th September 2011, 10:19 PM
I took Bailey to see Dr. Weaver yesterday and he was great! If there is anyone else in the Charlotte, NC area looking for a good vet I would highly recommend him. He reassured me that all of Bailey's behavior is normal puppyhood behavior. I feel much better after talking to him.